Levi Randolph Accomplishes Goal: Named Second Team Academic All-American

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@AlabamaMBB For the 1st time in program lore, we have an Academic All-American! Congrats to Levi Randolph (2nd team Academic All-American)! #BuiltByBama

Link

For Randolph, who is the only player from the Southeastern Conference to earn the honor in the sport of men's basketball, it was a goal he has been working toward since the moment he walked on campus.

"I can't put into words how honored I am to earn the program's first Academic All-American award," Randolph said. "I would like to thank my family, coaches and teammates for their support during my career and helping push me - not just as a basketball player but as a student-athlete. It feels good to see the hard work I've put in both on and off the court has paid off and helped me achieve this goal. My father always told me that a person can stand on a book a lot longer than they can stand on a basketball ball and that's just always something I've lived by."

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
That's incredibly awesome. I am very proud of Levi.
I can see him being either a great coach, or possibly a great high school administrator in some capacity.
Or maybe even a teacher.
He's a great young man!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
"My father always told me that a person can stand on a book a lot longer than they can stand on a basketball ball and that's just always something I've lived by."

And that right there is simply says it all. As the branch is bent, so will grow the tree......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.