Iran Blows Up Nimitz Replica

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

(CNN)Iran blasted its mock-up of a U.S. aircraft carrier during naval drills on Wednesday, swarming the target with 100 speedboats armed with rockets, shoulder-launched missiles and mortars as well as striking it with cruise missiles, according to reports from Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency.

Iran said the aircraft carrier target was a full-size replica of the USS Nimitz.
I'm really at the point with these azzhats that I wouldn't mind anchoring the Nimitz off their coast flying a banner reading "I TRIPLE-DOG DARE YOU!!"

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Someone more knowledgeable than me care to share what the rules of engagement are in such a situation. I know there were some changes after the USS Cole attack.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
LOL, speed boats. That's cute.
Funny story. I once got chewed out royally and later given a glowing citation for the way I handled an approaching speedboat when standing a topside watch. Our COMSUBGROUP at the time didn't appreciate being yelled at and drawn upon when approaching our anchored vessel, but later thought better of it.

Sneaking up on a destroyer tied up or even anchored in port is a whole lot different than hitting a carrier with it's battle group at sea.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Funny story. I once got chewed out royally and later given a glowing citation for the way I handled an approaching speedboat when standing a topside watch. Our COMSUBGROUP at the time didn't appreciate being yelled at and drawn upon when approaching our anchored vessel, but later thought better of it.

Sneaking up on a destroyer tied up or even anchored in port is a whole lot different than hitting a carrier with it's battle group at sea.
Sort of like what happened when Somali pirates attacked what they thought was a cargo ship and found that it was a Navy warship.
:biggrin:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.