Emergency Surgery to Repair Detached Retina Last Night

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I had emergency surgery yesterday around 6PM for retina re-attachment in my right eye. Was released and got home around 10:30. Overlook typos for the next several days, I am not a good patient. :rolleye2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had emergency surgery yesterday around 6PM for retina re-attachment in my right eye. Was released and got home around 10:30. Overlook typos for the next several days, I am not a good patient. :rolleye2:
Hang in there. I assume they "welded" it back with a laser? I could be a better patient also. After shoveling out a lot of snow yesterday, I'm paying for it with an extremely sore new hip this morning...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
sounds painful. i hope you are on some powerful pain meds. get well soon Gray.

Nothing hurts quite like eye injuries. It's interesting that your brain has no feeling at all, but your eyes and optic nerves, which are really part of your brain, are very nerve/sensation rich...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yeah, Earle schooled me on the retina, the detachment and the surgical procedure. He did a better job explaining it than the doc. It ain't fun but is better than the alternative.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, Earle schooled me on the retina, the detachment and the surgical procedure. He did a better job explaining it than the doc. It ain't fun but is better than the alternative.
Now, that's a compliment! :D When I reviewed it, it was exactly as I remembered. The retina has to be reattached before it reattaches in the wrong place or to itself. I think I read it was 48-72 hours, so that's at least urgent, if not emergency...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.