Kevin Stallings Goes Off on Freshman Wade Baldwin After Win in Knoxville

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The sportscaster on the left said Stallings called Baldwin a name but I didn't pick it up in the video. The part I think I heard and I believe what Stallings is apologizing for was "I'm going to <something> kill you.". Sounded like one word was edited out. He also yelled at Baldwin that he had told him a hundred times so it sounds like Baldwin hasn't gotten the message yet. I see nothing, okay a little, wrong with Stallings' actions.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Me, either, but sorry to say, the takeaway here is this little foofaraw probably galvanizes Vandy at the expense of the beleaguered you-know-who tomorrow...

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I guess loudly cursing one of your players where everyone can hear is considered good sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Having played and coached, I can understand Stallings outburst. You can argue that it was inappropriate. He acknowledged that. At the same time, you deal with some players who just don't get it. I hope the kid matures. IMO,there is no place in the game for that mess. If anybody needs to be suspended a game, it is the player. Idk if he was out for our game today or not. I always had one or two teams I competed against that were whiny crybabies but I think it was right of UT to point it out or Stallings may not have ever dealt with it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Having played and coached, I can understand Stallings outburst. You can argue that it was inappropriate. He acknowledged that. At the same time, you deal with some players who just don't get it. I hope the kid matures. IMO,there is no place in the game for that mess. If anybody needs to be suspended a game, it is the player. Idk if he was out for our game today or not. I always had one or two teams I competed against that were whiny crybabies but I think it was right of UT to point it out or Stallings may not have ever dealt with it.
He played and he was a big part of our loss to them, with his long-range shooting...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I guess loudly cursing one of your players where everyone can hear is considered good sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree. This is why the university got on to Stallings and why he apologized to the player and the school.

I don't like the media and "outsiders" trying to make a big case out though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.