Quote from book "We Could Not Fail," which is a book about integration in the early..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Quote from book "We Could Not Fail," which is a book about integration in the early..

history of NASA. One early engineer's quote "Among ourselves (black employees), we had a saying - 'When you step outside Huntsville, you're in Alabama...'" LOL!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Quote from book "We Could Not Fail," which is a book about integration in the ear

I would imagine based on the racial climate of that era and the diversity of those employed by NASA that saying was pretty accurate.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Quote from book "We Could Not Fail," which is a book about integration in the ear

Got the patch off today. Quite a bit of pain, but the biggest pain is having to keep my head down all day. no TV, just glad I can put the IPad in my lap and look down. Cannot drive until Thursday.
Overall not too bad but hope I don't have to go through this with my other eye. You need to take it easy with the outside activities.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Got the patch off today. Quite a bit of pain, but the biggest pain is having to keep my head down all day. no TV, just glad I can put the IPad in my lap and look down. Cannot drive until Thursday.
Overall not too bad but hope I don't have to go through this with my other eye. You need to take it easy with the outside activities.
It's not that common. Has it happened to anyone else in your family...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Not in my immediate family. My wife's oldest brother (72) had the same procedure about two months ago. I was surprised that my optometrist said I had to have it done that day. My appointment with her was at 11AM yesterday and I had the surgery yesterday at 6PM.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Not in my immediate family. My wife's oldest brother (72) had the same procedure about two months ago. I was surprised that my optometrist said I had to have it done that day. My appointment with her was at 11AM yesterday and I had the surgery yesterday at 6PM.
I understand that it's an urgent situation, if not an outright emergency...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

The follow up visit today was more painful than the procedure. I have two different eye drops to take 4 times a day and pain pills if needed. I was not aware that it was an urgent procedure, you live and learn.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The follow up visit today was more painful than the procedure. I have two different eye drops to take 4 times a day and pain pills if needed. I was not aware that it was an urgent procedure, you live and learn.
I may be wrong, but I think that the urgency comes from the fact that the detached retina is, in effect, "raw" where it detached. Given enough time, it may reattach at an inapropos place, which can't be easily undone. This is strictly out of past memory, so check anything I've written before relying on it...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I may be wrong, but I think that the urgency comes from the fact that the detached retina is, in effect, "raw" where it detached. Given enough time, it may reattach at an inapropos place, which can't be easily undone. This is strictly out of past memory, so check anything I've written before relying on it...
thanks for the info I will check it out. Have to keep my head down until Monday has something to do with the gas they put in during the procedure which acts as a cast to keep the attached portion in place. Not sure I totally understand but will be compliant.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

thanks for the info I will check it out. Have to keep my head down until Monday has something to do with the gas they put in during the procedure which acts as a cast to keep the attached portion in place. Not sure I totally understand but will be compliant.
Makes sense from the standpoint that just leaning over and lowering your head builds ocular pressure, even without gas being injected...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.