End of Season Poll

Should there be a Head Coaching Change for Alabama Basketball at season's end?

• Yes

Votes: 80 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I listen to Wes Neighbors while I'm driving home from work most days. He has had some negative things to say about CAG for several weeks. Today he mentioned that he had talked with someone that is knowledgeable of the inner workings of the athletic department and according to that person there is no plan to get rid of CAG this season.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I listen to Wes Neighbors while I'm driving home from work most days. He has had some negative things to say about CAG for several weeks. Today he mentioned that he had talked with someone that is knowledgeable of the inner workings of the athletic department and according to that person there is no plan to get rid of CAG this season.
That jives. On the Boomo Bugg Show out of Florence on Monday, they were reporting the BOT wants to make a change, but CBB does not. Oh well. :frown:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
That jives. On the Boomo Bugg Show out of Florence on Monday, they were reporting the BOT wants to make a change, but CBB does not. Oh well. :frown:
According to Wes it is a few key big-donor folks that are resisting getting rid of CAG this year. He didn't say they were BoT or not but he (Wes) was not happy.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
BTW, anyone in the Huntsville area can catch Wes Neighbors and Steve Moulton (sp?) on 97.7. I don't know what time their show starts but I usually tune in starting around 5pm. I think the name of the show is Afternoon Drive? It is a typical show with a mix of topics, guest interviews, and callers but I would say that I've enjoyed some of the guest interviews more than other shows that I've listened to. The only thing that I don't like is they have some kind of odd audio delay between them and their callers/guests so that are long gaps of silence after one side finishes speaking and then other times both are speaking at the same time. I wish they would get that worked out but otherwise the show is pretty good.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
BTW, anyone in the Huntsville area can catch Wes Neighbors and Steve Moulton (sp?) on 97.7. I don't know what time their show starts but I usually tune in starting around 5pm. I think the name of the show is Afternoon Drive? It is a typical show with a mix of topics, guest interviews, and callers but I would say that I've enjoyed some of the guest interviews more than other shows that I've listened to. The only thing that I don't like is they have some kind of odd audio delay between them and their callers/guests so that are long gaps of silence after one side finishes speaking and then other times both are speaking at the same time. I wish they would get that worked out but otherwise the show is pretty good.
Not in Huntsville, but I stream it online. It does start at 5 pm. They preempt Finebaum's last hour. I enjoy it! They had Wimp on this week, and I think they have Jimmy Fuller on once a week or so. He has some really good stories.

So it looks like CAG is going to be retained, and the injury excuse will be used to pull the wool over us. If the injuries are used as an excuse for losing, then don't the two wins over TA&M not count because they had a starter not play against us due to injury?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Game threads should be interesting with only two people participating. I think I'll just monitor because I might get banned for comments!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Cecil's column this morning essentially echos the thoughts being thrown around in the athletic dept. I can't truly express how dissappointed I am. Having been a long term season ticket holder and watching the continual athletic administration apathy toward basketball has me really considering dropping my tix for the 1st time ever. If they don't care, why should I.

Geez 7 years of bad basketball. Does anyone think we'll be any better next year? We lose 2 senior contributors and who knows how many of the kids will transfer. I heard Hale is looking to get out. Where are we going to generate points? Levi and Rodney scored about 20 points a game between them on average. We've had the worst record in 42 years and the worst home record in almost 50 and we keep him. SAD-SAD-SAD.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
There's a delay because they aren't together in a studio. I watched moulton do his part of the show from the deck at milton frank stadium this past year as we were prepping to film a high school game. When there is a guest...i think you have a 3 way phone call in essence.

vestamark

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Birmingham
Well this is very disappointing. I have wanted and continue to want CAG to have success. However, I much like many others, have lost confidence in him. I would be much more sympathetic to the injuries if we played better at full strength. Honestly I believe the remaining guys have played better as individuals after the personnel losses.
I will continue to hope for a good season next year. Not one to hope for losses just to see a firing.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Cecil's column this morning essentially echos the thoughts being thrown around in the athletic dept. I can't truly express how dissappointed I am. Having been a long term season ticket holder and watching the continual athletic administration apathy toward basketball has me really considering dropping my tix for the 1st time ever. If they don't care, why should I.

Geez 7 years of bad basketball. Does anyone think we'll be any better next year? We lose 2 senior contributors and who knows how many of the kids will transfer. I heard Hale is looking to get out. Where are we going to generate points? Levi and Rodney scored about 20 points a game between them on average. We've had the worst record in 42 years and the worst home record in almost 50 and we keep him. SAD-SAD-SAD.
I'm in the same boat. I've had season tickets since '98-99'. I don't want to give them up because they are pretty good seats. I guess I'll just have to hope that it will get better.

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al

I came to the conclusion you are considering about midway through the year. I will not renew my tickets, nor will I attend any games as long as Grant remains as Coach. As you know, it is no fun taking the time to attend and watching the product we are being given.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I'm in the same boat. I've had season tickets since '98-99'. I don't want to give them up because they are pretty good seats. I guess I'll just have to hope that it will get better.
I have decent seats as well and it would be tough to give them up, but I was thoroughly apathetic toward the team this year and I went to all but one game at home that didn't have a conflict.

Here is the kicker to me. We have been the top program in Alabama for about as long as can remember, but we have fallen behind on facilities and basically given the state to the boogs with this lack of a decision. You have to give it to Auburn they built a nice new arena and went hired a good coach, albeit a sketchy one.

Give me odds on the over and under on the number of transfers this year. I am thinking 2.

Last edited:

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I have decent seats as well and it would be tough to give them up, but I was thoroughly apathetic toward the team this year and I went to all but one game at home that didn't have a conflict.

Here is the kicker to me. We have been the top program in Alabama for about as long as can remember, but we have fallen behind on facilities and basically given the state the the boogs with this lack of a decision. You have to give it to Auburn they built a nice new arena and went hired a good coach, albeit a sketchy one.

Give me odds on the over and under on the number of transfers this year. I am thinking 2.
Ouch. That would be bad.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I'm starting to think at least 2 will transfer as well. That would be a disaster as there is no way we'd look like a tourney team in 2015-16. This time tomorrow, we may be learning a lot about CBB and his ability to make the tough decision.

vestamark

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Birmingham
About facilities. I realize that AU arena is new and very nice. But let's not forget that it only seats roughly 8-9000. Even with our dreadful performances this year we might have had 6+ sellouts given that capacity. I actually don't mind Coleman and I definitely like that we can put 15k in when things are strong. I would not want an arena under 12000 at this level.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
They play with the wrong kind of ball for this to really matter to the powers to be. If this were on the gridiron we would have run Grant off three years ago. I am a huge football fan and understand it is our bread maker by far. But saying that there is absolutely no excuse for us to be so middle of the pack in other sports.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This is my per peeve. Coleman is an 50 year old outdated facility that has outlived it usefullness. It is not horrible, but it doesn't win you any recruits either. In fact, there are 5 arenas in the state better than ours. There is zero reason to keep an old arena when there is plenty of money to pay for it and you'd have at least some excitement surrounding the program.
My point about Auburn is we are effectively giving the state to them if you don't make a change and get a decent coach. Think about the prospects for next year, Pearl has 5 top 100 recruits. We have one. Also as stated above, how many kids see the writing on the wall and leave after the season. Trevor Lacey is actively recruiting Hale and who knows how many other kids. Do we really think we will be any better next year? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.