End of Season Poll

Should there be a Head Coaching Change for Alabama Basketball at season's end?

• Yes

Votes: 80 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Please respond without any personal vitriol towards CAG. Thanks!

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I'll wait till the end of the season. What if we go on a miracle run and win the NIT? Yes I've had a few in me and have higher hopes than I should

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I have always been a firm supporter of CAG. I think he is a great man, and has been a positive person in the lives of our players in an off the court capacity. I think he is a defensive guru, and for the most part has always had our teams near the top of the league defensively.

That being said, it is time for a change. Next year will likely be a rebuilding year, and I think it would be best to start from the ground up.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I have always been a firm supporter of CAG. I think he is a great man, and has been a positive person in the lives of our players in an off the court capacity. I think he is a defensive guru, and for the most part has always had our teams near the top of the league defensively.

That being said, it is time for a change. Next year will likely be a rebuilding year, and I think it would be best to start from the ground up.
The problem is our roster next year shouldnt be a "rebuilding" year

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Why do we need 6 rebuilding years in a row?

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
No. If we get a new coach, it's going to most likely be some mid-major coach and we will be taking two steps back. All we need is a couple of big, banging hard mothers to bang the boards to help with our outside game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Came over to the board because I read JESS's article on the Football page. I voted no, but only because I am not sure who you would land that has a higher chance of success. Change for the sake of change is crazy, as most college basketball coaches are no better than Grant. That said, I understand your frustration. With your tradition and school pride, you expect better.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You could say that every year. So do we just stay running in place every year, hoping things get better?

We are 17-12 and have road games left with Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Is a 17-15 finish enough to make Battle pull the trigger? If we split this week and win a couple in the tourney and go deep in the NIT does he stay?

I honestly think TPTB don't care about any sport not named football and unless there is some scandal that breaks, he'll keep his job just to save the buyout.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
When you hire someone for a position, there's always a chance it won't work out the way you hoped. But that is not a good enough reason for not making a change.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
When you hire someone for a position, there's always a chance it won't work out the way you hoped. But that is not a good enough reason for not making a change.
Ala-bsolutely correct. Then there's the equation that mediocrity + stasis = apathy

And that would seem to be Grant's signature "achievement" for dismissal from an AD's evaluation. Grant's gotta go - if only as administering CPR to put a pulse back into the program.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
There are plenty of coaches better than Grant. Can we hire any of them is the real question. He has completely lost the fan base- and you are normally done in Tuscaloosa once that happens.
Came over to the board because I read JESS's article on the Football page. I voted no, but only because I am not sure who you would land that has a higher chance of success. Change for the sake of change is crazy, as most college basketball coaches are no better than Grant. That said, I understand your frustration. With your tradition and school pride, you expect better.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Sad and pitiful if true- but I fear you may be right. 2 out of our last 3 basketball coaches have been let go mainly due to "scandal". It should not take that in this case.
You could say that every year. So do we just stay running in place every year, hoping things get better?

We are 17-12 and have road games left with Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Is a 17-15 finish enough to make Battle pull the trigger? If we split this week and win a couple in the tourney and go deep in the NIT does he stay?

I honestly think TPTB don't care about any sport not named football and unless there is some scandal that breaks, he'll keep his job just to save the buyout.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Vinny- that is the problem. Grant cannot or won't recruit any of those "hard mothers" you speak of. I am not sure we can take any more steps back than where we currently reside.
No. If we get a new coach, it's going to most likely be some mid-major coach and we will be taking two steps back. All we need is a couple of big, banging hard mothers to bang the boards to help with our outside game.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I'm so torn on this one and will prolly wait til the end of the season. I lean, no, let's ride one more year, but admit my positive tude is wearing fast. For some reason and Im not sure why but I feel this is the year CAG is learning so much and will truly have to reflect on some things this off season. Hes had many excuses over the last few years to look at and let sink, but this year is different cause the team has been a unit.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

^^ Mostly agree. We have been needing this for years. Do we think it is gonna change? A look at the incoming signees doesn't point to it.

It would be better than nice if more than one had the ability to score in the paint and hit free throws on the rare occasion that a foul is called on whoever is mugging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.