Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets if they attacked Iran's nuclear plant

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
How would we go about shooting down IAF jets. Do people not realize how good the pilots in the IAF are at air to air combat? Not saying that they are as good as our Air Force or Navy, but they are the only air force that could give as good as it takes in regards to jet combat.

Besides, what pilot in our Air Force or Navy would shoot first at an Israeli jet? Especially with the rules of engagement this Admin puts on our military.
The Israelis obtain a lot of their aircraft from us and many of their pilots train with our own. And we're going to shoot them down? I don't think so!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My biggest problem with the whole matter is that Obama seems bent on providing as much assistance as possible to Iran in it's quest to develop nuclear weapons. Iran has already made clear their desire and intent to start a nuclear war, and to destroy Israel. This must be prevented at all costs because as we all know, once it starts, it can't be stopped until the whole world is involved.
I don't scare easily, but that's one thing that scares the living daylights out of me.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm sure things like this were discussed (contingency plans and such) but I seriously doubt that BO ever communicated to Israel that we would shot down their jets if they did this.
But, what if he did.....would that alter your opinion of him?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I don't know why ya'll think any of these scenarios are far-fetched. Looking back at 2008, did anyone foresee the deceit, the devisiveness and the brazen lies?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't know why ya'll think any of these scenarios are far-fetched. Looking back at 2008, did anyone foresee the deceit, the devisiveness and the brazen lies?
Maybe politics? No man of either party will ever be seen as the person who ordered attacks on Israelis and committed suicide for his party...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Maybe politics? No man of either party will ever be seen as the person who ordered attacks on Israelis and committed suicide for his party...
I wish you'd quit bringing common sense to a political argument, it's like kryptonite to Superman.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
OK, so....just going from what I remember:
Those "Iranian" facilities are so deep under the mountains that even US Military (Generals) are concerned about OUR ability to take them out. Yet some think the Israeli ** has more capability or more weaponry to do this?
Maybe they do, I haven't kept up with their hardware capabilities; I just find it amazing that people think anything short of an all-out war or use of a nuke will take out their nuclear facilities. From everything I have read (and please someone link updated material on this if you have it), the only thing their facilities have to worry about is an earthquake...?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
OK, so....just going from what I remember:
Those "Iranian" facilities are so deep under the mountains that even US Military (Generals) are concerned about OUR ability to take them out. Yet some think the Israeli ** has more capability or more weaponry to do this?
Maybe they do, I haven't kept up with their hardware capabilities; I just find it amazing that people think anything short of an all-out war or use of a nuke will take out their nuclear facilities. From everything I have read (and please someone link updated material on this if you have it), the only thing their facilities have to worry about is an earthquake...?
I doubt anyone knows everything they have, where it is, and how protected it is. Netanyahu said as much in his speech that they don't.

They may not be able to strike any underground facilities themselves, but they can sure hit everything around them. They could effectively block the doors and make any attempt at using them very hard to do.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I doubt anyone knows everything they have, where it is, and how protected it is. Netanyahu said as much in his speech that they don't.

They may not be able to strike any underground facilities themselves, but they can sure hit everything around them. They could effectively block the doors and make any attempt at using them very hard to do.
so, how would their planes get to iran? i may be wrong, but i don't think that their navy has an aircraft carrier.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
so, how would their planes get to iran? i may be wrong, but i don't think that their navy has an aircraft carrier.
Israel orders upgraded JDAM kits
Israel received approval for its first batch of 700 JDAMs to equip the IAF's Boeing F-15I Eagle and Lockheed Martin F-16I Fighting Falcon combat aircraft in 1999. Early-model F-15s have been upgraded to carry the JDAM also. In 2012 Israel requested a further 10,350 INS/GPS munitions, which included 3,450 GBU-31 2,000 lb Mk 84 general-purpose warheads; 1,725 GBU-31 2,000 lb BLU-109 penetrator warheads; and 1,725 GBU-38 500 lb Mk 82 general-purpose warhead JDAMs.
Reversing policy, US will sell Israel aerial refueling planes
Prominent among the Israeli purchases are an undisclosed number of KC-135 aerial refueling planes. Previously, the US refused to sell such planes to Israel. “The change of policy,” Israel’s Channel 2 reported on Friday night, constitutes “something of a hint over the understandings between the two nations regarding the possibility that Israel will seek (US assent) to strike at Iran.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My guess though is despite the Saudi hatred for Israel, they'll allow Israel to use their airspace since they fear Iran a lot more.
i would be surprised if they did. even though they hate/fear iran, they probably do not want to be involved in allowing that to happen as they would become targets of iran and probably russia as well if iran were attacked by israel via saudi airspace.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.