Louisiana cops/prosecutors attempt to set up man but phone video saves him

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Have charges been filed against the false witnesses and the cop who was served? They should be.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
That is crazy. I would not have believed it if some guy told me he really did not commit that crime with all those high profile witnesses.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
If those prosecutors retain their law licenses, something is very wrong in LA. If those officers don't lose their jobs, something is very wrong.

Corruption and lack of any ethics whatsoever couldn't be more blatant. I'm glad the server had his family videotape the encounter, then instead of airing the video immediately, he let the corrupt hang themselves with multiple sworn statements that were obviously false. He also likely gets a nice judgment in a civil suit against the city, police, and parish.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Thanks for sharing. I am very pro-law enforcement (performed correctly) and standing up for your co-worker, but these guys apparently crossed waaay over the line. No excuse there.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
In addition to losing their jobs....and paying from a lawsuit...those who swore the false statements should serve jail time.

This type of misconduct goes way over the top! :mad:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sounds like they had issues stemming from his nephew's lawsuit and when they saw the guy had priors they thought they could railroad him.

Scary they could have gotten away with it if not for the video. I think I will hire a professional server if I ever file a suit against a cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The takeaway from this is you cannot document enough.....any encounters with law enforcement.

I wonder if it's us who really should be wearing body cams in order to avoid injustices.

We know there are good cops and good people in the justice system out there but the problem is since they all look the same and with this unwritten policy to cover for each other it seems to be every man for himself.

It's the year 2015 - you'd think we would be a more advanced society by now. :(

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The takeaway from this is you cannot document enough.....any encounters with law enforcement.

I wonder if it's us who really should be wearing body cams in order to avoid injustices.

We know there are good cops and good people in the justice system out there but the problem is since they all look the same and with this unwritten policy to cover for each other it seems to be every man for himself.

It's the year 2015 - you'd think we would be a more advanced society by now. :(
Body cams and sometimes body armor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.