Feminazis want to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Next on the block: Remove George Washington from the dollar and quarter. The man owned slaves for goodness sake. :rolleye2:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I'm fairly conservative and I actually don't have a problem with the idea of removing him. He's the Native American's Hitler.

Yeah some former Presidents owned slaves, and yeah some did some unsavory things, but those were the norm back then. Those were socially acceptable behavior. You can't look back on history and judge what people did by today's standards. Nothing will ever line up.

What Jackson did went way beyond that. He tried to wipe a race of humans off the face of the earth. I understand the anger. As for who would replace him, I don't really care either way. But having a guy on our currency who pushed an agenda of genocide has always felt a little strange to me.

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
On the simple fact of what it would cost to retool and make new bills, I think this is a bad idea. And for what it's worth, I feel the same about all these changes made to pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters, and the special gold $1 coins with the presidents and first ladies on them. Wanna cut some money being spent, quit changing all the currency.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Organizers are asking visitors to vote for one of 15 women they've selected as possible candidates to replace Jackson in a survey that is also doubling as a petition. The group hopes to collect enough signatures - about 100,000 - to justify sending a petition to the White House on the issue, asking the president to recommend the change to the Treasury..
....But, Stone added, "If President Obama says tomorrow that he wants to do this, we're not gonna say no."
Be careful what you ask for, ladies. You may find yourselves the catalyst behind having Michelle Obama on the bill.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm fairly conservative and I actually don't have a problem with the idea of removing him. He's the Native American's Hitler.

Yeah some former Presidents owned slaves, and yeah some did some unsavory things, but those were the norm back then. Those were socially acceptable behavior. You can't look back on history and judge what people did by today's standards. Nothing will ever line up.

What Jackson did went way beyond that. He tried to wipe a race of humans off the face of the earth. I understand the anger. As for who would replace him, I don't really care either way. But having a guy on our currency who pushed an agenda of genocide has always felt a little strange to me.
Personally, I feel no particular sympathy for American Indians. They lost...get over it. Isn't that the sentiment expressed by yankees to Southerners?

Anyway, it's interesting that their list doesn't include the likes of Abigail Adams and Martha Washington. Not representative of some political statement I guess. Heck, why not Betsy Ross or Molly Pitcher?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Personally, I feel no particular sympathy for American Indians. They lost...get over it. Isn't that the sentiment expressed by yankees to Southerners?

Anyway, it's interesting that their list doesn't include the likes of Abigail Adams and Martha Washington. Not representative of some political statement I guess. Heck, why not Betsy Ross or Molly Pitcher?
It's not that they lost. It's how they lost. Genocide is never ok. We lied to them and repeatedly broke treaties. It's not ok to do that just because we're Americans. We'd disagree if another country did the same thing.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It's not that they lost. It's how they lost. Genocide is never ok. We lied to them and repeatedly broke treaties. It's not ok to do that just because we're Americans. We'd disagree if another country did the same thing.
Yes, we might disagree vehemently today (e.g. Syria, Iraq, various nations in Africa, et cetera, et cetera). Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Yet, ironically, he adopted a Creek son, Licoya, and raised them as his own.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
While we're getting all this stuff done, why don't we just repeal the 19th Amendment? Think of the money we could save in the future by not having to do all this silliness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.