Hillary's E-Mail Problem

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
you don't have a problem with a politician feeling above the law and that these pesky rules shouldn't apply to them? Should I read that as, your guy did this too?
Jon, according to the knowledgeable pundits at MSNBC, the law requiring the use of government email was not (fully) implemented until Clinton had been gone from office over a year. They said that Kerry was the only Secretary of State that had used government email. The others had used whatever they chose.

MSNBC was very concerned about lack of security on non government emails. As Valujet would say, "If Rachel Maddow says it ,it must be true".:)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Jon, according to the knowledgeable pundits at MSNBC, the law requiring the use of government email was not (fully) implemented until Clinton had been gone from office over a year. They said that Kerry was the only Secretary of State that had used government email. The others had used whatever they chose.

MSNBC was very concerned about lack of security on non government emails. As Valujet would say, "If Rachel Maddow says it ,it must be true".:)
I'd heard that too, but with her you kind of get the feeling she would have done this anyway. She knows what kind of info that can be dug up with the freedom of information act and wanted to limit exposure, imo

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
She is a female John McCain. She's old with a long history in politics whose hay day has passed. A lot of people still like her but most of the voters are bored. She can play the "I'm a woman" card, but that won't do it.
you underestimate how stupid the American public really is. look at the last election and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that etc. idiots will vote for anyone that tells them what they want to her now matter how terrible the person actually is or will be.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
you underestimate how stupid the American public really is. look at the last election and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that and the one before that etc. idiots will vote for anyone that tells them what they want to her now matter how terrible the person actually is or will be.

Agree 100%. Look how many Republicans have been Prez lately!:biggrin:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I think the American public is dumber than rocks. That's why they vote style over substance. Not saying Hillary has substance,but she doesn't have style either. We as a populace may be stupid, but we ain't voting for an almost 70 year old woman who has been in the news continually for over 20 years regardless of policy - good or bad.
The real sign of stupidity is not voting for bad candidates. It's voting for President not because of policy but because of style and image. And hills ain't got any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
President Barack Obama exchanged emails with Hillary Clinton on her private, nongovernmental account while she was serving as secretary of state, the White House said Monday. But he did not know that she used a private system exclusively for government business, press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

---

That information, first disclosed by the New York Times, has raised questions about whether Clinton’s messages to other senior officials were secure and whether she used the arrangement to withhold messages that would normally be archived for potential future public release.
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house--...n-on-her-private-email-address-185033740.html

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
My favorite tale of fake e-mails for bureaucrats was this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/349934/epa-honors-fake-employee-eliana-johnson

Richard Windsor may be the most famous Environmental Protection Agency employee. Oddly, he does not exist. “Windsor” is the e-mail alias that Lisa Jackson, former head of the EPA and now an environmental adviser to Apple, used to correspond with environmental activists and senior Obama-administration officials, among others.

Windsor, we have learned, was also an employee of significant achievement. Documents released by the agency in response to a Freedom of Information Act request reveal that, for three years, the EPA certified Windsor as a “scholar of ethical behavior.”

All federal employees should aspire to the level of competence and dedication that Mr. Windsor accomplished at the EPA.
Sounds like the character Dr. Jonathan Tuttle from the TV show MASH. The best doctor who never was.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think the American public is dumber than rocks. That's why they vote style over substance. Not saying Hillary has substance,but she doesn't have style either. We as a populace may be stupid, but we ain't voting for an almost 70 year old woman who has been in the news continually for over 20 years regardless of policy - good or bad.
The real sign of stupidity is not voting for bad candidates. It's voting for President not because of policy but because of style and image. And hills ain't got any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
I agree! You need to be a pretty boy/girl to win, unless it's Hillary. She may get votes from wives of philandering men, but I hope the rest of our female population see her for what she is: power hungry! We were so poor, but now we're so rich!

Is style over substance why I've seen one pretty boy Hollywood star as a possible Democratic candidate? Style, image, a new wife, but no substance!

A very intelligent and experienced bald headed man has no chance to win an election in this country. So we end up with Dumb, Dumber, and the Dumbest as leaders of our nation. Or is it imbecile, followed by moron, followed by an idiot?

Will she wag her finger in front of the American people like "Slick Willie" did when she's meets the sympathetic media today? Will the media stumble over each other trying to kiss her behind and spread the word that she's the third coming of our country's savior?

Will she lie today with a straight face or just lie as that ugly face meets the cameras?

We don't need a woman President just because she's a woman. We need a woman President because she has substance and is the best qualified! She, "Slick Sally", isn't either of those.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think the American public is dumber than rocks. That's why they vote style over substance. Not saying Hillary has substance,but she doesn't have style either. We as a populace may be stupid, but we ain't voting for an almost 70 year old woman who has been in the news continually for over 20 years regardless of policy - good or bad. The real sign of stupidity is not voting for bad candidates. It's voting for President not because of policy but because of style and image. And hills ain't got any. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
One final comment on this topic! This is not a long running TV series for 4 to 8 years!

It's the Presidency of the USA and the LEADER of the FREE World. It's much more important than a starring role in a TV series or in a movie.Just give her an Oscar or an Emmy or both and send her to a Retirement HOME!

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
From Fox: "Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton claims that she used a personal email account to conduct
official business as a 'matter of convenience,' and says doing so was a mistake."

Or as Rick Perry would say, "Oops!".

I reckon that settles it. Move along, now. Nothing to see here.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
From Fox: "Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton claims that she used a personal email account to conduct
official business as a 'matter of convenience,' and says doing so was a mistake."

Or as Rick Perry would say, "Oops!".

I reckon that settles it. Move along, now. Nothing to see here.
Did "Slick Willie" develop that excuse for Hillary? Did it take hours or days?

I'm sorry I can't accept that poor excuse! Yep! It was a MISTAKE and could have been or is a HUGE one!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I'd heard that too, but with her you kind of get the feeling she would have done this anyway. She knows what kind of info that can be dug up with the freedom of information act and wanted to limit exposure, imo
Sounds like that makes government email less secure.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Sounds like that makes government email less secure.
No like button but if it was this would be the place I would press that.
Will someone explain to me why, even though Colin Powell did this (and, let's face it, with the "yellow cake" incident there could very well have been some interesting emails) and didn't turn any over to the state Department because "they no longer exist", he gets a pass? Oh, I get it, HC is running for President...never-mind.
And anyone who thinks government emails are secure, well...some people like to cling to their fantasies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.