Hillary's E-Mail Problem

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm not sure if people on this board know what Special Access Program (SAP) information is (if not, google it). SAP is not a classification category. It is a handling category. And release of SAP info is very serious.
But SAP info was found on Hillary's email server.
Not that anybody cares.
The real story today is not that very, very sensitive info was released in violation of law, but that the investigator was colluding with Senate Republicans. That is the real story, apparently.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
From your link TW.

So far, State Department officials insist, none of the emails that have been released were marked as classified at the time they were sent, but some 1,340 have been upgraded to classified retroactively ahead of their public release and redacted accordingly.

Why don't you leave that poor women alone?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
From your link TW.

So far, State Department officials insist, none of the emails that have been released were marked as classified at the time they were sent, but some 1,340 have been upgraded to classified retroactively ahead of their public release and redacted accordingly.

If you're saying that Hillary is not smart enough to discern what should be confidential and what is not, then I agree with you.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
From your link TW.

I have the quaint notion that the law should be enforced and that those who aspire to positions of leadership should be held to the highest of standards.

No classified documents are ever marked "classified." That is not a classification level.

Edgar said:
I know thee well: a serviceable villain;
As duteous to the vices of thy mistress
As badness would desire.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
When she says "none were marked 'Classified", technically she's not lying and she is counting on the ignorance and/or apathy of the electorate to accept that in giving her a pass. Classic Clinton. No one should be surprised.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Can someone please tell me what the draw is to this woman and how she stays so successful and out of jail? I haven't run across any Hillary backers or they won't speak up but how can someone who dodged sniper fire (not), had nothing to do with Benghazi (wrong), the email classification problem (it's confidential, secret, top secret - throw in FOUO and SCI if you want) continue to have that many supporters. I think I left Whitewater out along with a few other things. It boggles the mind that we have become that numb that we don't hold those accountable who are supposed to be our leaders.

ETA - correct classifications - you would think I would know having to deal with it daily.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
When she says "none were marked 'Classified", technically she's not lying and she is counting on the ignorance and/or apathy of the electorate to accept that in giving her a pass. Classic Clinton. No one should be surprised.
That's the ''Clinton lawyer'' in her coming through. (i.e. Bill's 'It depends on what your meaning of the word IS, is'). She can lie through her teeth while technically telling the truth.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
That's the ''Clinton lawyer'' in her coming through. (i.e. Bill's 'It depends on what your meaning of the word IS, is'). She can lie through her teeth while technically telling the truth.
Yes and the sad thing is there are people who'll buy it lock stock and barrel. Romney talked about the 47%.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I have the quaint notion that the law should be enforced and that those who aspire to positions of leadership should be held to the highest of standards.

No classified documents are ever marked "classified." That is not a classification level.
But they are called classified. Used to be confidential, secret and top secret. You sure she broke the law?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I remember people going to jail when the Bush White House kinda sorta "outed" Valerie Plame. Guess the Left cares less about that sorta thing now.
People or person?

United States v. Libby[edit]

The federal trial United States v. Libby began on January 16, 2007. On March 6, 2007, Libby was convicted on four counts, and was acquitted of one count of making false statements.[SUP][20][/SUP][SUP][21][/SUP][SUP][22][/SUP] Libby was sentenced to 30 months in prison, a fine of US$250,000, and two years of supervised release after his prison term.[SUP][23][/SUP][SUP][24][/SUP]
After the verdict, Special Counsel Fitzgerald stated that he did not expect anyone else to be charged in the case: "We're all going back to our day jobs."[SUP][22][/SUP] On July 2, 2007, President Bush commuted Libby's jail sentence, effectively erasing the 30 months he was supposed to spend in jail. The federal felony conviction, probation and fines still remain.
In March 2008, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) revealed that the investigation had cost $2.58 million. The GAO also reported that "this matter is now concluded for all practical purposes."[SUP][25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair[/SUP]

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
But they are called classified. Used to be confidential, secret and top secret. You sure she broke the law?
Look, the family that gave us the legal principle that "That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is," can parse words with the best of them.
No classified document is labeled "classified." They are labeled "Confidential," "Secret," or "Top Secret." When I used to work on classified systems, I never saw a document labeled "Classified."

I am not sure she broke the law. That is why we have investigators, Grand Juries and trials.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
This is another one of those issues where we focus way too much on whether or not the law was broken. The mere fact that a major presidential candidate may have broken the law in a serious manner raises questions about her suitability for the job.
From the perspective of considering her as a candidate, her flippancy about all of this bothers me just as much as any law breaking. She acts like she didn't know that sensitive information was there when ANYONE in her position would. If she didn't she certainly wasn't qualified to be Secretary of State.

As someone who was around right in the middle of the fallout from the Walker ring (I was doing the same job on another boat, and actually knew Whitworth in passing) I have seen people pay some pretty heavy prices for much less when improperly handling sensitive material.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Look, the family that gave us the legal principle that "That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is," can parse words with the best of them.
No classified document is labeled "classified." They are labeled "Confidential," "Secret," or "Top Secret." When I used to work on classified systems, I never saw a document labeled "Classified."

I am not sure she broke the law. That is why we have investigators, Grand Juries and trials.
Have you ever heard or used the term "That's a classified document?"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.