Daniel Von Bargen (George's Boss on "Seinfeld") Dies At Age 64

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://www.wlwt.com/news/cincinnati-native-seinfeld-malcolm-actor-passes-away/31587198

Daniel von Bargen, 64, died over the weekend after a long illness, sources confirmed Tuesday.

The actor, active from 1976 to 2009, was best known for TV roles on "Seinfeld" and "Malcolm in the Middle," and movie roles in "Broken Arrow," "Super Troopers" and "O Brother, Where Art Thou."

====================

In the last 11 months, we've lost three actors from the last "Seinfeld," the prosecutor, the fat guy whose mugging was a violation of the Good Samaritan law, and now Mr Krueger.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
From your link, Bill:

von Bargen suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his Montgomery apartment in February 2012. He told a 911 operator he didn't want to go to surgery to have toes removed due to diabetic complications.
:( What a sad ending for anyone.....not just making a decision like this to end his life but I'm guessing his last conversation was to a 911 operator.....essentially a stranger. Makes me shudder with the very thought of the depths of his despair.

Truly sad.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
From your link, Bill:

:( What a sad ending for anyone.....not just making a decision like this to end his life but I'm guessing his last conversation was to a 911 operator.....essentially a stranger. Makes me shudder with the very thought of the depths of his despair.

Truly sad.....
Yeah, I remembered that he tried suicide.

What changed my thoughts on suicide was walking on the Golden Gate Bridge (10/28/03). When you walk over the water, you know it - the blood rushes to your feet and the temperature drops about 15 degrees. That someone would be so depressed they could walk to the center of that thing and jump into that cold abyss..........I cannot even imagine, and I've "tried" suicide multiple times (nothing lethal though - and not in the last 20 years or more).

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yeah, I remembered that he tried suicide.

What changed my thoughts on suicide was walking on the Golden Gate Bridge (10/28/03). When you walk over the water, you know it - the blood rushes to your feet and the temperature drops about 15 degrees. That someone would be so depressed they could walk to the center of that thing and jump into that cold abyss..........I cannot even imagine, and I've "tried" suicide multiple times (nothing lethal though - and not in the last 20 years or more).
I remember hearing someone refer to it as stupid when I was younger.

That really stuck with me.

I think the default emotion is how sad it is when someone takes their life.....but the adjective stupid could also apply.

So please don't be stupid, Bill. ;)

Seriously you have many friends who love you - reach out if you ever feel the need.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I remember hearing someone refer to it as stupid when I was younger.

That really stuck with me.

I think the default emotion is how sad it is when someone takes their life.....but the adjective stupid could also apply.

So please don't be stupid, Bill. ;)

Seriously you have many friends who love you - reach out if you ever feel the need.
Not stupid. I built an inventory awhile back, and it's helped with the current divorce proceedings. Plus, I discovered with the group at "60 Minutes" that all of us battle depression and probably more so than the average "normal" person. I broached the subject at our dinner and ALL FOUR of us admitted to having problems with depression but.....nobody wanted to talk about it. I would later find privately, however, that that opened the door for us sharing painful moments on those "can't forget about it" days - one with whom I'd only had two conversations with after the videotaping contacted me while in a dark depression over some home issues, and we now chat privately (FB IM) about every 2 weeks to check on each other.

But it saddens me that someone so successful in life still struggled with the issues he couldn't control, too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.