Link: Who is the SEC's Biggest Linebacker Factory Over Last Decade?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No surprise at the answer

Plenty of schools around the nation pump out top-notch linebackers like clockwork. Penn State claims the “Linebacker U” title, while Ohio State, Southern California and others have the pedigree to come close.

Who holds that title over the last decade in the SEC?

To figure it out, we did some simple tallying. We looked back at the last 10 recruiting cycles (2006-15), seasons and NFL drafts (2005-14). Each four- or five-star wide receiver recruit a school signed earned a half-point, each AP first-team All-SEC selection earned two points, AP All-American selections were worth four points and NFL draft picks were worth three.

In the cases of Missouri and Texas A&M, both of which joined the conference in 2012, we included any AP first-team Big 12 selections from 2006-11.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
...To figure it out, we did some simple tallying. We looked back at the last 10 recruiting cycles (2006-15), seasons and NFL drafts (2005-14). Each four- or five-star wide receiver recruit a school signed earned a half-point, each AP first-team All-SEC selection earned two points, AP All-American selections were worth four points and NFL draft picks were worth three. ...

Now I know why Coach Saban signs so many wide receivers every year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No Demeco Ryans?
Demeco was in the 2006 NFL Draft, so he should be included based on how they did their calculations...

To figure it out, we did some simple tallying. We looked back at the last 10 recruiting cycles (2006-15), seasons and NFL drafts (2005-14).
Their formula seems flawed, though. Why not include the recruiting cycles of the guys in the NFL 2005 NFL draft?

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
How many of them have National Championship rings. To me more important that the nfl.
I'm glad these guys have Natl Championsips. However, I made that statement based on the fact that not only were these guys great college players but are also great NFL players. As a rookie, Upshaw was calling defensive plays in the Super Bowl. Think about that for a minute.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.