Gary Patterson and TCU Visiting Tuscaloosa to Learn from the Bama Staff

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

TCU has become one of the nation’s emerging football powers thanks to its overachieving ability in recruiting.

But after the recent success, TCU coach Gary Patterson is wondering how to up his recruiting to match his on-the-field success.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that Patterson and his offensive staff will travel to Alabama after spring practice to study the Crimson Tide’s philosophy of attracting top recruits to their campus.

“We want to see some things recruiting-wise, how they do things,” Paterson told reporters after a recent practice. “You don’t just learn Xs and Os from people. You’re trying to learn things on a lot of different levels.”
And looks like Lane traveled to Fort Worth...

The Crimson Tide are studying the No. 3 Horned Frogs as well. Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and his father, Monte, attending a TCU practice last week to learn about Patterson’s philosophy.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
A lot of football will be discussed and Rob Ezell will begin working on his Gary Patterson impression.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Both coach Saban and coach Patterson are top achievers in their job. They never stop trying to learn and better themselves at what they do. These are sure signs of both coaches being winners and humble enough to learn from each other. RTR!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Coach is taking over AD duties and is hiring Patterson as HFC, Tom Izzo as HBC, Ray Tanner as Head baseball Coach, just to name a few of his soon to be new hires as the new Alabama Athletic Director.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
as far as CNS goes.... I like CGP and CGP may get some ideas from our staff and our coach, but he will never be able to attract recruits year in and year out on the same level as Saban....never...;)

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Because TCU ranked behind Alabama in scoring defense, rushing defense, passing defense and total defense in 2014?
If Bama had been in the Big 12 in '14, they may just have ranked equal, or behind, TCU in defense.

'14 wasn't a stellar defensive season for Bama standards, if we're being honest.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If Bama had been in the Big 12 in '14, they may just have ranked equal, or behind, TCU in defense.

'14 wasn't a stellar defensive season for Bama standards, if we're being honest.
I'm trying to figure out what you base this on. Alabama played a much more difficult schedule, and they did play a common opponent.

TCU beat West Virginia 31-30, Alabama beat West Virginia 33-23 and their defense was missing a key player. I'm not sure how on earth playing an easier schedule would have made Alabama's defense look worse...

Last edited:

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Coach Bryant would do this a lot. I remember a story about Woody Hayes needing to get away for a week & not be disturbed, telling his wife don't bother me no mater what unless Coach Bryant calls.

Patterson is a very smart coach.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama played a much tougher schedule, so I'm not sure I agree.

Passing D sucked last year but the run D was pretty sick. But yeah, never said the D was great last year. Just making the point that TCU was worse...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.