American Pastor/Architect of the Ugandan "Kill the Gays" bill will stand trial

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
American Pastor/Architect of the Ugandan "Kill the Gays" bill will stand trial

Hope this guy gets to test out if Dr Carson is right

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...aw-will-be-tried-for-crimes-against-humanity/

In the United States Lively’s homophobic messages are largely ignored, and in recent years he has had to endure various setbacks at the state and federal level as equality makes historic gains. Undeterred, Lively has sought out foreign lands where his particular brand of ruthless anti-gay ideas are more accepted. In Uganda, he found a home away from home. During a Christian “workshop” in the African nation he managed to become one of the principal architects behind some of the most retrograde anti-gay legislation on the planet.

Officially titled the “Anti-Homosexuality Act” and more commonly known as the “Kill the Gays” bill, Lively’s vision was nothing less than a roadmap for the total persecution and eradication of homosexuals from Uganda. In Lively’s original design, anyone caught engaging in homosexuality would be executed. A newer bill softened that stance slightly after worldwide condemnation – in the latest version, homosexuals would only be sentenced to life in prison.

Unfortunately for Lively, orchestrating genocide in another country is kind of frowned upon, and in 2012 a lawsuit was filed against Lively in federal court in Massachusetts for crimes against humanity. This week, the First Circuit Court of Appeals denied Lively’s final request to have it dismissed because, well, the whole genocide thing.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Re: American Pastor/Architect of the Ugandan "Kill the Gays" bill will stand trial

WOW!! Thanks for the info Jon.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: American Pastor/Architect of the Ugandan "Kill the Gays" bill will stand trial

If it's not on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, USA Today, NYT, Washington Post, WSJ...it's probably not a good source...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I read the slate article, which was a much better read and much more accurate in describing the circumstances and happenings without so much distortion and hyperbole. Interesting case, to say the least. There are some interesting parallels, but I will let those sit idle for now and not derail the thread.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Exactly, the OP and linked article made it seems as if he was on trial, not that he is involved in a civil action/tort claim.
yeah, the article had me thinking prosecution, not suit. Hope it costs him everything

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

yeah, the article had me thinking prosecution, not suit. Hope it costs him everything
Thus my criticism of the original article and site. It made no sense as written and was falsely presented, IMHO. Pretty sketchy writing. I hate that kind of thing. Just like all the click bait fake news articles showing up all over facebook and the rest of the web. It's really irritating. I don't mind so much alternative sites with a slant so long as they keep a modicum of truth/integrity about them. This one's distortion was too much, but I am commenting as much on the general trend in untrustworthy "viral news" sites as I am about this particular article/site.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

The article says "lawsuit" as plain as day. What confusion?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

The article says "lawsuit" as plain as day. What confusion?

American Pastor Who Helped Uganda Create ‘Kill The Gays’ Law Will Be Tried For Crimes Against Humanity

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.498039)][/COLOR]​
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Lively currently lives in Springfield, Massachusetts, and hopefully soon will have a permanent residency behind bars.[/COLOR]
I have no idea where anyone would get confused since I left out multiple references to genocide and murder.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.