Iranian armored columns moving into Iraq?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I've read on various talking head websites, no articles confirming yet however, that Iranian armored columns were moving into Iraq. This could get ugly.

Why did we overthrow Saddam again?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
And you really believe that? I see a return to the days of the Iran/Iraq war, except this time ir won't be much of a war. It won't even be a skirmish.
Yes and you should too. Iran and ISIS are deadly enemies now - all Shi'ite are enemies of ISIS. The US should stop and step back - sooner or later the Saudis will have to get involved.
Isn't having the Middle East resolve its own problems better than the US getting involved? In this case yes, because Iran doesn't really gain much; they will never take over Iraq completely and they already control over half of what ISIS doesn't. It's going to be Shi'ite vs Sunni, and we should be ready immediately afterwards to deal with the winner in whatever manner necessary.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes and you should too. Iran and ISIS are deadly enemies now - all Shi'ite are enemies of ISIS. The US should stop and step back - sooner or later the Saudis will have to get involved.
Isn't having the Middle East resolve its own problems better than the US getting involved? In this case yes, because Iran doesn't really gain much; they will never take over Iraq completely and they already control over half of what ISIS doesn't. It's going to be Shi'ite vs Sunni, and we should be ready immediately afterwards to deal with the winner in whatever manner necessary.
I'm not sure I see the comparison with the Iran/Iraq war, although I tend to agree with your conclusion. In the I/I war, Saddam forced Sunnis to fight on behalf of Iraq against their co-religionists. This is different in that it's much more clearly Shi'a vs. Sunni...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I don't have a problem with the Middle East resolving it's own problems. That is as long as it doesn't result in them being brought to our own shores via nuclear detonations in an American city. Knowing the hatred toward the US borne by both Iranian leadership and ISIS, that's not an unrealistic expectation. Further, I don't trust for a minute the assumption that the two actually are enemies. Rather, I believe there is a very real possibility that the two will join forces in their common goal of the destruction of Israel and other US interests.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't have a problem with the Middle East resolving it's own problems. That is as long as it doesn't result in them being brought to our own shores via nuclear detonations in an American city. Knowing the hatred toward the US borne by both Iranian leadership and ISIS, that's not an unrealistic expectation. Further, I don't trust for a minute the assumption that the two actually are enemies. Rather, I believe there is a very real possibility that the two will join forces in their common goal of the destruction of Israel and other US interests.
i think you need to go back and read up on the bloody history between the two. Joining forces is beyond imagination...

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
This is fantastic, seriously though. I really am salivating at the thought of oil prices going back up and getting back to padding my bank account. Persistence.. Persistence.. Persis..

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
be like us forming a joint squad with Auburn to go after UGA, not happening

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Sunni Saudi won't allow Shia Iran to take over Iraqi oil fields. No chance, no way. Who gets involved if the Saudis jump in? I have a hard time seeing region-wide multiple-party all-out war as a good thing - even if we don't like either ISIS or Iran.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I've read on various talking head websites, no articles confirming yet however, that Iranian armored columns were moving into Iraq. This could get ugly.

Why did we overthrow Saddam again?
Will Iraq become part of the new Persian Empire? How long will it be before Jordan becomes part of this Persian Empire. Then they will be next door to the country they want to wipe off the future Rand McNally maps of the World.

George W. did open the door for this and the other guy bulldozed down the walls so it could happen. Saddam was a buffer and the Iranians/Persians were afraid of him. With him gone it was just a matter of time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK. Still, I have a hard time justifying taking the side of either against the other.
I'm certainly not advocating it. ISIS, at this juncture, seems to be the most evil of the evil siblings. I don't mind aiding any who are opposing them, at this point. When they're done away with - new ballgame...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.