Is Hillary A Lock?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm not even sure she's a lock for the Democratic nomination. She's not a very good politician, and the dirt piles high.
I also think GreatDanish has a point about Hillary's style or the lack thereof. Neither her personality nor her appearance is attractive in any way in my opinion.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm not even sure she's a lock for the Democratic nomination. She's not a very good politician, and the dirt piles high.
Agreed. Right now, the perception of her inevitability comes from non-Fox talking heads who have callused knees from kneeling in worship. It's fast wearing thin, even among Dems.

I also thought the deafening silence from other Democrats regarding the email thing and accepting (soliciting?) donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Foundation while she was SoS.

The only defenders I heard were from her own paid staff. Not a peep of defense on either problem from the usual Pelosi / Holder / Reid / Boxer chorus.

Not even a peep from her husband, though that might be because it would have drug up comparisons to his own ethical struggles, so he wisely kept his mouth shut.

The Dems' problem is that there's no alternative with national name recognition. Closest would be Elizabeth Warren, and she's so far left she makes Obama seem downright Reagan-esque.

She'd be the heir-apparent to the mantle of media darling, but her statements would come back to haunt her, her positions would wear thin, and I just don't think she's electable at the national level.

The country has grown tired of the Bush family in the White House, and I don't see Jeb getting there.

I think Scott Walker has a legitimate shot. Republican governor in a deep blue state, survived one (two?) hugely publicized recall votes where the Dems and unions pulled out all the stops to unseat him, and won by a margin that surprised the talking heads. No way to say he won because of low turnout. It was an embarrassment for the opponents.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
O'Malley, who I have never heard of, and Webb don't have a snowball's chance in hell and would be no more than a practice session for Clinton. Warren OTOH scares the hell out of me and could probably give Hillary a down to the wire fight.
I agree. Of the possible primary candidates right now, I think Warren is the only one who could give her a serious challenge.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
There are a lot of things Hillary is waiting...hoping will blow over. Bill and Epstein...Sniper Fire and the Brian Williams similarities...now e-mail gate. She's conspicuously quiet except for her recent tweet saying she wants us to see her e-mail (uh...the server is in your personal residence).

What is more puzzling is that a few players in the Obama State Media seemingly have the knives out for her. Maybe the strategy is to get all the skeletons out of the closet now so they won't have to be dealt with after she announces as a candidate.

Or maybe there's a greater force at work as an ally to the media that's in full force to torpedo her candidacy.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I also think GreatDanish has a point about Hillary's style or the lack thereof. Neither her personality nor her appearance is attractive in any way in my opinion.
I understand the appearance factor. A good deal of votes in 2012, however, came from individuals who never watched the debates, didn't know the issues at hand, and were not familiar with the political acumen of the presidential candidates. They were just picked up and driven to the polls in a massive ground game organization (particularly in swing states like my own, Ohio). It was impressive and IMO played a significant role.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Should have been more clear with the title in that I was referring to the Dem. nomination.
I don't think she's a lock for the Dem. nomination, no. She would win if the primaries were held today, but there is a ton of time between now and then. The debates will be telling as to who on the democratic side will try to publicly attack her record and how far he/she will go to bring Hillary down.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
More bad news for the Clintons:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...haiti-after-state-dept-sent-country-billions/

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s brother, Tony Rodham, sat on the board of a self-described mining company that in 2012 received one of only two “gold exploitation permits” from the Haitian government—the first issued in over 50 years.

The tiny North Carolina company, VCS Mining, also included on its board Bill Clinton’s co-chair of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission (IHRC), former Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive.

The Rodham gold mine revelation is just one of dozens featured in a forthcoming bombshell investigative book by three-time New York Times bestselling author Peter Schweizer, according to a Thursday statement from publishing giant HarperCollins. The publisher says the book, Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, is the culmination of an exhaustive one-year deep dive investigation into the nexus between the Clintons’ $100+ million personal wealth, the Clinton Foundation, and the decisions Hillary made as Secretary of State that benefited foreign donors, governments, and companies.

VCS’s coveted gold mining exploitation permit was apparently such a sweetheart deal that it outraged the Haitian senate, since royalties to be paid to the Haitian government were only 2.5%, a sum mining experts say is at least half the standard rate. Moreover, the mining project in Morne Bossa came with a generous ability to renew the project for up to 25 years. Nevertheless, the fledgling company proudly touted its luck in landing the deal.

“This is one of two permits issued today, the first permit of their kind issued in over five decades,” reads the only press release under VCS’s “news” tab on its scant website.

According to USAID, $3.1 billion have been dispersed since the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Clinton Cash is said to contain “seismic” and “game-changing” revelations that far eclipse anything presently reported on the Clinton Foundation’s violation of its agreement not to accept foreign government money during Hillary’s tenure as secretary of state.
I just wonder where were these same people at when obama ran for president. It didn't seem like nobody investigated him like clinton is. Maybe its because its a woman instead of a man.;)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I found this funny Hillary gif a while back & it pretty much verifies your post VJ..LOL..

There are a lot of things Hillary is waiting...hoping will blow over. Bill and Epstein...Sniper Fire and the Brian Williams similarities...now e-mail gate. She's conspicuously quiet except for her recent tweet saying she wants us to see her e-mail (uh...the server is in your personal residence).

What is more puzzling is that a few players in the Obama State Media seemingly have the knives out for her. Maybe the strategy is to get all the skeletons out of the closet now so they won't have to be dealt with after she announces as a candidate.

Or maybe there's a greater force at work as an ally to the media that's in full force to torpedo her candidacy.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Except for Warren I have not even heard another Democrat candidate mentioned. If those are the only two then the DNC is in deep dodo.
I thought that our Crazy Uncle Joe might run?!. However, he has NEVER been a community organizer, so he may not really be qualified. Crazy Joe probably should be in Bryce Hospital. Bring back the electric shock treatment to help cure what he's diagnosed with.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
My whole family is a bunch of wild-eyed libs. I know....how was I the sane one with true intelligence and the ability to think for and rely on myself ;), but it happened. They all HATE the thought of Clinton being forced upon them. Something just tells me she will not ever run for president.

Here is some more anecdotal evidence and it is starting to pile up.

NOTE Was going to post the link but it has since crashed, but Martin O'Malley received a thunderous standing ovation from SC Dems over the weekend and many attendees expressed their total dissatisfaction at the Hillary nomination already being decided. Just food for thought. I just want the train wreck to be entertaining and that is virtually assured on the Republican side.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Except for Warren I have not even heard another Democrat candidate mentioned. If those are the only two then the DNC is in deep dodo.
Jeb Bush is polling #1 among the GOP contenders. Not sure either party is really looking good right now. I suspect neither Clinton nor Bush get the nomination, though. If so, Gary Johnson might get more than 1% of the vote this time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.