Is Hillary A Lock?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
See where Hillary made a big splash in NYC yesterday by taking swipes at the Republican's inability to formulate and articulate any semblance of a party platform. She was full of crap of course but spoke to the Hispanics on immigration, the blacks on police bias, and promised the LGTBS pretty much everything.

I bring this up only because Jeb is to announce his candidacy tomorrow; and as much as I would rather not have another Bush in the WH; I am beginning to sense he may be the only Republican who can match her campaign war chest and has the name recognition to derail her bid. At this point I see Bush as the only Republican who has a chance albeit a long shot.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
See where Hillary made a big splash in NYC yesterday by taking swipes at the Republican's inability to formulate and articulate any semblance of a party platform. She was full of crap of course but spoke to the Hispanics on immigration, the blacks on police bias, and promised the LGTBS pretty much everything.

I bring this up only because Jeb is to announce his candidacy tomorrow; and as much as I would rather not have another Bush in the WH; I am beginning to sense he may be the only Republican who can match her campaign war chest and has the name recognition to derail her bid. At this point I see Bush as the only Republican who has a chance albeit a long shot.
I don't know. The Dems seem to be nervous about Rubio. "First Hispanic President" might just burst the Dems' demographic bubble.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Who's the guy with the Groucho stache?
That's the guy who knew what was really HAPPENING! With that smile as wide as the state of Texas, he had to be in the know.

Look at that TV and that computer monitor. A little archaic. How things have changed.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

If she's talking, then she's ……. Well you know what a professional politician does! Gullible people will believe anything she says!

As I get on my knees tonight and say a prayer, it will be that neither will ever see the Oval Office in the role of POTUS.

He says as he shaking his finger as he's pointing at the American people, "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky." One Clinton is enough! Two is TOO many! Prayer won't even help here if we get another version: Clinton 2.0.

"Read my lips!" Bush #1 or version 1.0
Celebrating a victory in Iraq on a U. S. ship. Bush #2 or version 2.0
Two Bush's is two too many! I just couldn't think of a way to place "to" in that sentence too, I mean also.
Three Bush's as POTUS! With Bush version 3.0, I will need to pray 24/7/365 except leap year.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'm wondering why feminists would want Hillary to be the first female president. Wouldn't she effectively be riding her husband's coatails? Do feminists really want the first female president to be victorious because of her husband? Who would know of Hillary's existence if it weren't for Bill?

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Jeb has no shot at winning. He will finish near last in IA and NH. After Rubio wins FL Jeb will drop out. Sorry Bushies, we've had enough of your brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
When is the last time the candidate with the most money to spend failed to win the party nomination?

Honest question because off the top of my head I can't think of anyone. Perhaps Dean in 2004?

But Kerry was second most and had a billionaire wife plus his own house he took out a huge extra mortgage on so that sort of offsets whatever funds Dean had on hand. And then when Dean's "faux Southern Baptist preacher" (sorry folks but there was NO DIFFERENCE in what Dean did after losing Iowa and Al Gore's phony Baptist preacher bit in 2000.....except how the press spun it) story blew out of control, Kerry had the most money and momentum.

Honestly - when is the last time the guy with the most money failed to at least win the nomination? Dukakis basically won in 1988 because he had the most effective fund-raising mechanism of any of the candidates in the race. Maybe George Wallace for the Democrats in 1976? I don't know if he raised the most but his way of getting around the new post-Watergate finance laws netted him quite a bundle.

And that's a major problem regardless of candidate - you can package a candidate and by virtue of the sheer volume of money can blow the others who can't raise money away.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
That is what I meant, money talks. Based solely on current funds and the ability to raise more it would appear this may likely be Cinton vs Bush. Like predicting a football season record prior to the season; my early predictions would rule out: Huckabee, Carson, Fiorina, Pataki, Santorum, Cruz, Perry and Graham leaving, IMO, a fight up to the convention next summer between Paul, Rubio and Bush. All three will spend vital assets getting the nomination and based on what is known right now; Bush would have the most to spend of the 3 and still have plenty left to take on Clinton. I may be wrong and it may not come down to money, but that is how I see it playing out right now.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Jeb Bush tries to portray himself as "his own man", and in fact doesn't even use the Bush name on his platform. He uses just the name "Jeb!" The real truth is though, and not unlike Hillary, were it not for his name and the other Bush's who were in office before him, the political world wouldn't even know who he is. He even rode into the FL governorship on the coattails of his father and older brother. Imo the "my own man" catch phrase is, in this case, as phony as it gets.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Jeb Bush tries to portray himself as "his own man", and in fact doesn't even use the Bush name on his platform. He uses just the name "Jeb!" The real truth is though, and not unlike Hillary, were it not for his name and the other Bush's who were in office before him, the political world wouldn't even know who he is. He even rode into the FL governorship on the coattails of his father and older brother. Imo the "my own man" catch phrase is, in this case, as phony as it gets.
FWIW, the "b" in Jeb stands for Bush

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
That is what I meant, money talks. Based solely on current funds and the ability to raise more it would appear this may likely be Cinton vs Bush. Like predicting a football season record prior to the season; my early predictions would rule out: Huckabee, Carson, Fiorina, Pataki, Santorum, Cruz, Perry and Graham leaving, IMO, a fight up to the convention next summer between Paul, Rubio and Bush. All three will spend vital assets getting the nomination and based on what is known right now; Bush would have the most to spend of the 3 and still have plenty left to take on Clinton. I may be wrong and it may not come down to money, but that is how I see it playing out right now.
...and what about Walker?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Interesting Bush analysis:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/u...uggle-with-moderates.html?abt=0002&abg=1&_r=0

Mr. Bush’s fund-raising, with a goal of $100 million for his super PAC, is impressive. But it’s hard to say just how impressive it really is in an era of unlimited contributions, when even a candidate like Ted Cruz can raise more than $30 million for his super PAC in a few weeks. And in recent days, there have been reports that Mr. Bush might fall well short of early fund-raising expectations — a further sign of weakness.

Even if his fund-raising is as strong as he hoped, there is no reason to expect it will be decisive: Mr. Romney barely won pivotal states like Ohio and Michigan in the 2012 primaries, despite an overwhelming financial and organizational edge over a candidate, Rick Santorum, who was not nearly as strong as Mr. Bush’s competition is today.

Perhaps most important, it’s surprisingly hard to find prominent elites who support Mr. Bush — aside from a spurt of donors and high-profile aides who joined his team a few months ago
and late last week. When my colleague Peter Baker recently surveyed 120 people who worked for President George W. Bush, only about 25 responded to say they supported Jeb Bush. You won’t find many Republicans and conservatives praising him on television or in print. So far, Mr. Bush has received no formal endorsements from outside Florida, and nothing is a better indicator of primary strength than endorsements.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
My whole family is a bunch of wild-eyed libs. I know....how was I the sane one with true intelligence and the ability to think for and rely on myself ;), but it happened. They all HATE the thought of Clinton being forced upon them. Something just tells me she will not ever run for president.

Here is some more anecdotal evidence and it is starting to pile up.

NOTE Was going to post the link but it has since crashed, but Martin O'Malley received a thunderous standing ovation from SC Dems over the weekend and many attendees expressed their total dissatisfaction at the Hillary nomination already being decided. Just food for thought. I just want the train wreck to be entertaining and that is virtually assured on the Republican side.
Well I asked last March and we got the answer last night, NOPE! And it looks as if my hope for a train wreck will indeed come to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.