Is Hillary A Lock?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Several articles are popping up of late that are raising the question. Just wondering what the folks here thought. I think Obama exposed how vulnerable she is as well as what a poor candidate she is. Lastly, what are her accomplishments? I literally tried thinking of something she's "succeeded at and can't think of anything. I'm thinking other Dems are having serious doubts again. Is it statist or bust over there or could a Jim Webb be viable?

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121208/hillary-clintons-email-use-shows-shes-unprepared-election

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Too early to say she's a lock. This time 8 years ago many believed the 2008 Democratic ticket would be headlined by either John Edwards or Hillary Clinton.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
O'Malley, who I have never heard of, and Webb don't have a snowball's chance in hell and would be no more than a practice session for Clinton. Warren OTOH scares the hell out of me and could probably give Hillary a down to the wire fight.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
She doesn't have a 91% approval rating and incumbency and that guy was a lock who lost.

And wasn't she a lock last time she ran?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Several articles are popping up of late that are raising the question. Just wondering what the folks here thought. I think Obama exposed how vulnerable she is as well as what a poor candidate she is. Lastly, what are her accomplishments? I literally tried thinking of something she's "succeeded at and can't think of anything. I'm thinking other Dems are having serious doubts again. Is it statist or bust over there or could a Jim Webb be viable?

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121208/hillary-clintons-email-use-shows-shes-unprepared-election
She is an elitist who refuses to bake cookies!

You guys/ladies know that she refuses to bake cookies and I love chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies.

So, I could NEVER vote for her!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
O'Malley, who I have never heard of, and Webb don't have a snowball's chance in hell and would be no more than a practice session for Clinton. Warren OTOH scares the hell out of me and could probably give Hillary a down to the wire fight.
Warren's left wing lunacy scares the Hades out of me. I'm just wondering what's in a brain that thinks the way she does. Ditto for Hillary. Either would be a NIGHTMARE scenario for this country.

Hillary ask an audience if it's time for a woman President. They applaud as if they don't have a brain. They would applaud if she took a crap in front of them or anything else.

Yes, it may be time for a woman President but NOT either of those two women!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Warren's left wing lunacy scares the Hades out of me. I'm just wondering what's in a brain that thinks the way she does. Ditto for Hillary. Either would be a NIGHTMARE scenario for this country.

Hillary ask an audience if it's time for a woman President. They applaud as if they don't have a brain. They would applaud if she took a crap in front of them or anything else.

Yes, it may be time for a woman President but NOT either of those two women!
Hillary is just like Barack Obama. Make him white and female and put another 30 years on him and you have her. The only difference is he's a statist and she's such a Communist she puts Joseph Stalin to shame.
Her target voting base is the housewife who does little more than sit in front of the tv all day long and spends her husbands' paychecks on every item she sees advertised. she hasn't had an original thought since high school (if then) and thinks a woman president is the greatest thing that could ever happen.
Hopefully we have enough intelligent women in this country who aren't fooled by her to offset those who do vote for her. If not that, then maybe those in the "housewife" category above have never registered to vote in the first place.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
More bad news for the Clintons:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...haiti-after-state-dept-sent-country-billions/

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s brother, Tony Rodham, sat on the board of a self-described mining company that in 2012 received one of only two “gold exploitation permits” from the Haitian government—the first issued in over 50 years.

The tiny North Carolina company, VCS Mining, also included on its board Bill Clinton’s co-chair of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission (IHRC), former Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive.

The Rodham gold mine revelation is just one of dozens featured in a forthcoming bombshell investigative book by three-time New York Times bestselling author Peter Schweizer, according to a Thursday statement from publishing giant HarperCollins. The publisher says the book, Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, is the culmination of an exhaustive one-year deep dive investigation into the nexus between the Clintons’ $100+ million personal wealth, the Clinton Foundation, and the decisions Hillary made as Secretary of State that benefited foreign donors, governments, and companies.

VCS’s coveted gold mining exploitation permit was apparently such a sweetheart deal that it outraged the Haitian senate, since royalties to be paid to the Haitian government were only 2.5%, a sum mining experts say is at least half the standard rate. Moreover, the mining project in Morne Bossa came with a generous ability to renew the project for up to 25 years. Nevertheless, the fledgling company proudly touted its luck in landing the deal.

“This is one of two permits issued today, the first permit of their kind issued in over five decades,” reads the only press release under VCS’s “news” tab on its scant website.

According to USAID, $3.1 billion have been dispersed since the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Clinton Cash is said to contain “seismic” and “game-changing” revelations that far eclipse anything presently reported on the Clinton Foundation’s violation of its agreement not to accept foreign government money during Hillary’s tenure as secretary of state.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Call me cynical, but I do not trust the American electorate to do the right thing. The Clinton's are the modern day version of Lyndon Johnson, shrewd, astute, calculating politicians who will use any thing or anybody to get elected. They have no shame, remorse and cannot be embarrassed. Politically savvy and arrogant two attributes to get elected. I am not saying she will win, but like auburn, do not count her out just because of bad press. As we like to say on the football board, "the best team does not always win".

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
More bad news for the Clintons:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...haiti-after-state-dept-sent-country-billions/

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s brother, Tony Rodham, sat on the board of a self-described mining company that in 2012 received one of only two “gold exploitation permits” from the Haitian government—the first issued in over 50 years.

The tiny North Carolina company, VCS Mining, also included on its board Bill Clinton’s co-chair of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission (IHRC), former Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive.

The Rodham gold mine revelation is just one of dozens featured in a forthcoming bombshell investigative book by three-time New York Times bestselling author Peter Schweizer, according to a Thursday statement from publishing giant HarperCollins. The publisher says the book, Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, is the culmination of an exhaustive one-year deep dive investigation into the nexus between the Clintons’ $100+ million personal wealth, the Clinton Foundation, and the decisions Hillary made as Secretary of State that benefited foreign donors, governments, and companies.

VCS’s coveted gold mining exploitation permit was apparently such a sweetheart deal that it outraged the Haitian senate, since royalties to be paid to the Haitian government were only 2.5%, a sum mining experts say is at least half the standard rate. Moreover, the mining project in Morne Bossa came with a generous ability to renew the project for up to 25 years. Nevertheless, the fledgling company proudly touted its luck in landing the deal.

“This is one of two permits issued today, the first permit of their kind issued in over five decades,” reads the only press release under VCS’s “news” tab on its scant website.

According to USAID, $3.1 billion have been dispersed since the 2010 Haiti earthquake.

Clinton Cash is said to contain “seismic” and “game-changing” revelations that far eclipse anything presently reported on the Clinton Foundation’s violation of its agreement not to accept foreign government money during Hillary’s tenure as secretary of state.
The level of corruption of this family is astounding. I believe she would be far worse than Barack Obama ever thought about being.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Call me cynical, but I do not trust the American electorate to do the right thing. The Clinton's are the modern day version of Lyndon Johnson, shrewd, astute, calculating politicians who will use any thing or anybody to get elected. They have no shame, remorse and cannot be embarrassed. Politically savvy and arrogant two attributes to get elected. I am not saying she will win, but like auburn, do not count her out just because of bad press. As we like to say on the football board, "the best team does not always win".
GrayTide,

With what you have written, you must be my identical missing twin brother. Don't identical twins think alike?

Hey bro, how's it going?

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I guess I just see Americans' stupidity differently. We are a nation obsessed with two-minute videos, blue and black dresses, and 140 characters or less. Our stupidity will choose flash and style over substance every time (make us laugh, and make us cry, but don't make us think) - that's how an inexperienced man with no family ties became the most powerful man in the world - he has style. That, to me, is the real sign of the stupidity of America.

Hillary is old and boring. She has the Clinton name but that doesn't matter nearly as much now as it did even 10 years ago. People know her, so she'll be a competitive candidate. But she's not cool enough to win.

However, on the flipside, there's not a single person I've seen express serious interest that I think really has what it takes to win. But someone will...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Please eliminate the following from consideration:
Hillary "Slick Sally" Clinton Have you received a State Department e-mail from her?
Elizabeth Warren - now, she can play the role on Saturday Night Live.
Jeb "we don't need another burning" Bush - We've had enough of the Bush family and don't need a royal family.

Now, let's see who's left? Maybe you can help me eliminate more.

Please, American electorate, don't make me have to decide between Hillary and Bush!?!. CA shouldn't have to either.
If so, he and I may have to sit this one out and Pray.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
GrayTide,

With what you have written, you must be my identical missing twin brother. Don't identical twins think alike?

Hey bro, how's it going?
You know, Al I find myself waffling on politics from time to time. My voting record honestly has been all over the board no real pattern, no party preference. Two fundamentals that I do adhere to is to not vote or support extremist at any level of public office. The other basic fundamental is to not vote for someone who I believe is essentially a liar and a crook. IMO Hillary fits both of these definitions.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
You know, Al I find myself waffling on politics from time to time. My voting record honestly has been all over the board no real pattern, no party preference. Two fundamentals that I do adhere to is to not vote or support extremist at any level of public office. The other basic fundamental is to not vote for someone who I believe is essentially a liar and a crook. IMO Hillary fits both of these definitions.
No extremists, liars or crooks? So who is left in the ballot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.