Cop kills 19 yr old in Madison, WI - protests erupt

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My pet peeve is this "unarmed" BS.

If an "unarmed" thug is so harmless.......let them babysit for you one night and see if that works for you. I didn't think so.

"Unarmed" does not mean not capable of harm and yes...even deadly force!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
My pet peeve is this "unarmed" BS.

If an "unarmed" thug is so harmless.......let them babysit for you one night and see if that works for you. I didn't think so.

"Unarmed" does not mean not capable of harm and yes...even deadly force!
Agreed. If he's beating the crap out of his girlfriend and has 100 lbs on her, isn't he a threat to her? In his fit of rage, he turns on the officer and charges him who responded to the domestic disturbance, doesn't the officer have a right to defend himself in this instance? I've heard domestic disturbances are the leading cause of officers' deaths.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
On the surface, it looks as if the officer was acting in the best interest of others. I wish these folks would wait to get the facts before they protested this. I guess had the guy killed some folks in the apartment then would they still protest "Black Lives Matter" if he killed multiple folks?

Its wearing thin.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/cop-shoots-teen-in-wisconsin-protests-erupt/31667874
Well, in their defense, the crowd in Madison is probably unusually left-wing, and therefore unable to think well.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
At some point (maybe) someone somewhere will realize that if you assault someone not in self-defense (especially a cop) you might get killed. Maybe they'll have to kill a million idiots first, I don't know. One can hope....

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
http://news.yahoo.com/madison-police-response-shooting-contrasts-ferguson-064356055.html

According to a criminal complaint in the armed robbery, Robinson was among a group of five people who staged a home invasion robbery in Madison in April 2014 in hopes of finding marijuana and money.
Police captured Robinson as he fled the apartment. He told investigators he carried a BB-gun pistol with him during the robbery and stole a TV and an Xbox 360 from the apartment. Judge Josann Reynolds sentenced him to three years' probation in December.

That being said, should the officer have waited for back up which was on the way? The shooting victim was in the apartment alone. Aren't there non lethal methods of subduing someone?
I think too many folks are getting shot.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
http://news.yahoo.com/madison-police-response-shooting-contrasts-ferguson-064356055.html

According to a criminal complaint in the armed robbery, Robinson was among a group of five people who staged a home invasion robbery in Madison in April 2014 in hopes of finding marijuana and money.
Police captured Robinson as he fled the apartment. He told investigators he carried a BB-gun pistol with him during the robbery and stole a TV and an Xbox 360 from the apartment. Judge Josann Reynolds sentenced him to three years' probation in December.

That being said, should the officer have waited for back up which was on the way? The shooting victim was in the apartment alone. Aren't there non lethal methods of subduing someone?
Dude he was assaulting a police officer. I get that you're a liberal and you have liberal views, but you don't have to be that way every time you approach a situation or a problem. You really have an issue with a cop firing his weapon at a criminal who is assaulting him? Is this real life?

I'm suspicious of anyone on either side, liberal or conservative, who always thinks the other side is wrong. That's not statistically possible.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Dude he was assaulting a police officer. I get that you're a liberal and you have liberal views, but you don't have to be that way every time you approach a situation or a problem. You really have an issue with a cop firing his weapon at a criminal who is assaulting him? Is this real life?

I'm suspicious of anyone on either side, liberal or conservative, who always thinks the other side is wrong. That's not statistically possible.
Yes, apparently he does.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I would "like" this post if it were possible.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I'm still waiting on all the facts...but seems like I read he had assaulted someone prior to breaking in to the apartment...? Don't know those details yet, either.
But I have a problem with anarchy; and no, all liberals are not anarchists. Most of them aren't, actually. I'd be willing to bet a large number of those demonstrating in Madison now (locals) are more anarchist than liberal. When you have just done something illegal and a cop is trying to apprehend you, if you have an IQ over 50 you should know that (I'm sorry) resistance is not only futile but if it's aggressive enough, you may die because of it.
Life in America 101. Stupid, arrogant, aggressive people (IMO) are getting shot, and I'm not sure that the world is not a better place with them not in it.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Here's my deal. The dead guy probably assaulted the cop. Of course the cop is going to defend himself. No problem with that. Here's my problem. The police officer entered the apartment by himself without back up when back was according to some 30 seconds away. The policeman placed himself in a situation in which the outcome was probably going to lead to violence and he would have only seconds to react. Much like the Tamir Rice shooting. End result was a young man is dead.

I don't think policeman are trained to do a solo entry but rather are trained to wait for back up.

Was the young man a "thug"? Maybe. But I for one don't want the police on the street to be judge ,jury and executioner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.