News Article: Mark Ingram a Free Agent No Longer...4 Year-16 million dollar deal from the Saints

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
And they signed CJ Spiller. So which part of the 1-2 is Mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark should have tested free agency. I think he would have got a much better deal than what the Saints gave him. I think CJ Spiller got a better contract than Mark..

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm thinking Sean Peyton finally woke up and realized that he is going to need a good running game if he ever wants another Super Bowl. I'd expect Mark Ingram to be a 15-20 carry a game back in 2015.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I'm thinking Sean Peyton finally woke up and realized that he is going to need a good running game if he ever wants another Super Bowl. I'd expect Mark Ingram to be a 15-20 carry a game back in 2015.
The Saints need to spend some money on the O-Line before they will sniff another trophy and make Ingram look like the kind of world class back he really is.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He paid a price to stay loyal. Hopefully, it will work out for him. This is rare in professional sports these days.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He paid a price to stay loyal. Hopefully, it will work out for him. This is rare in professional sports these days.
I didn't want him there in the first place and I hated that he re-signed, instead of going to a team which valued him. This rinky-dink move hardens my opinion...

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Then they sign Spiller for 2 million more...
Well if that isn't the ultimate slap in the face!

I thought for sure he'd go somewhere else in the free-agent market. Then, he does what most free agents don't do and that's stay loyal and take less money and then they go and do this..... Hate it for Mark. For about a week or so, he thought he was going to be a featured back.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i dont think its as bad as it seems. I dont think the Saints will be as good as the past but they are going to be a more run first team. Ingram will be the number 1 back. He just wont get all the carries, which again is normal with the Saints under Payton. But with how physical the game has become i would say thats a good thing for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.