Link: 2015 SEC Football Helmet Schedule

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Still needs a little work. I don't think we're playing Wisconsin in Little Rock...:biggrin:
But thank you for the link. I can print and hang in the office!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Bama faces the maximum 3 teams with a bye. Again. LSU and Auburn both face two. No other teams face more than one.

Nine of the 14 are prior to West Division teams. UGA and UF are both off prior to their game so that accounts for two of the five prior to East Division teams.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
They should make a new rule that you cannot play two teams in a row with bye weeks before they play you (unless you get a bye for one of the games). That's ridiculous. Plus we play at Georgia, Arkansas, at Texas A&M, and then Tennessee with the last two teams with bye weeks. Seems someone the SEC office doesn't like us.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Unless things have changed recently, teams get to pick their own bye weeks with the SEC office working out conflicts.

This is nothing new. Everyone wants their bye week before Alabama (I happen to think they would be better off taking a bye the week after they plays us in order to heal up, but I digress). There was one season not that long ago, when 6 teams had their bye before us. Maybe 5. Seems like that was 2010. After that, I think the SEC office tries to limit the amount of teams on your schedule that have a bye before they play you. Of course, this only effects Alabama.

BamaJaguars

Aug 25, 2008
It's also worth noting that while some of our opponents aren't coming off an official bye, essentially these are: Ole Miss (Fresno St), UGA (Southern), Auburn (Idaho). We have weak opponents before these 3 games as well, but there's not a single game where we come in more "rested" than our opponent. No excuses here. Just pointing out a couple of additional challenges to an already difficult schedule. With the depth we have, it should only strengthen this team down the road with the 2s and 3s getting more PT. My fear is that a win at UGA will take a lot out of this team and no time to rest with Ark, A&M and UT up next in consecutive weeks.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Unless things have changed recently, teams get to pick their own bye weeks with the SEC office working out conflicts.

This is nothing new. Everyone wants their bye week before Alabama (I happen to think they would be better off taking a bye the week after they plays us in order to heal up, but I digress). There was one season not that long ago, when 6 teams had their bye before us. Maybe 5. Seems like that was 2010. After that, I think the SEC office tries to limit the amount of teams on your schedule that have a bye before they play you. Of course, this only effects Alabama.
In a 14 week season, as is 2015, SEC schools are given 5 open dates in which to schedule 4 OOC games and a bye week. First come, first served on byes before Bama, with a maximum of 3 since 2010 when Bama had the 6 bye thingy. The 14th week is reserved for the SECCG.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
They should make a new rule that you cannot play two teams in a row with bye weeks before they play you (unless you get a bye for one of the games). That's ridiculous. Plus we play at Georgia, Arkansas, at Texas A&M, and then Tennessee with the last two teams with bye weeks. Seems someone the SEC office doesn't like us.

Reminiscent of the 2009 season when Bama was playing their 5th consecutive SEC game and 8th consecutive week against Tennessee with them having played but 3 SEC games previously and had the week off before the game with Bama. Barely ended well.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
It's also worth noting that while some of our opponents aren't coming off an official bye, essentially these are: Ole Miss (Fresno St), UGA (Southern), Auburn (Idaho). We have weak opponents before these 3 games as well, but there's not a single game where we come in more "rested" than our opponent. No excuses here. Just pointing out a couple of additional challenges to an already difficult schedule. With the depth we have, it should only strengthen this team down the road with the 2s and 3s getting more PT. My fear is that a win at UGA will take a lot out of this team and no time to rest with Ark, A&M and UT up next in consecutive weeks.
A closer look at all teams regarding this issue reveals that the Roy Kramer influence on SEC scheduling is still alive and well. Little question that Bama and UK are ut's largest rivals.

We are all aware that 6 schools have open dates prior to playing Bama in 2015 and that 3 took the week off and 3 scheduled cupcakes. Next on the list is, you guessed it, UK with 5. No other school has more than 3.

Need I tell you that at the bottom of the list, along with Ark, is ut with just one!? MO plays BYU the week prior to their game with ut. All other ut SEC opponents were scheduled (by the SEC) a conference game.

And why is Arkansas there in 2015 with ut with just one also? Roy Kramer SEC Schedule Rule #1-Do anything that will help ut. Roy Kramer SEC Schedule Rule #2-Do anything that will hurt Bama. What West Division team in 2015 has the best chance to knock Bama out of the West Division Championship if they have a little help with the schedule? Atm plays Nevada the week prior to their game with Arkansas. All other Arkansas SEC opponents were scheduled (by the SEC) a conference game.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.