Amari Cooper Pro Day Update

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Of those three teams I would rather him go to the Giants. Odell Beckham Jr., Reuben Randle, and Amari Cooper would be a SICK young WR corp for Eli Manning to throw to.

The Jets or Raiders would be catastrophic places to go.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
OH MY GOD. How in the world to you do pull ups and clap between reps??????? I have NEVER EVER seen anything like that.
That's unbelieveable.
It's a variation of climbing a Salmon Ladder. It takes using momentum and a little body english to kip up high above the bar to have time to clap then come down and catch the bar again.

The main thing is being able to bang out 20-30 or more full weight pull ups first and then variations like this can be attempted. It looks impressive but hanging body levers are harder to me. Amari is a beast though.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Of those three teams I would rather him go to the Giants. Odell Beckham Jr., Reuben Randle, and Amari Cooper would be a SICK young WR corp for Eli Manning to throw to.

The Jets or Raiders would be catastrophic places to go.
Also, they have Cruz...could be the best passing game in the league...but the Raiders are where he'll go.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's a variation of climbing a Salmon Ladder. It takes using momentum and a little body english to kip up high above the bar to have time to clap then come down and catch the bar again.

The main thing is being able to bang out 20-30 or more full weight pull ups first and then variations like this can be attempted. It looks impressive but hanging body levers are harder to me. Amari is a beast though.
Dude...I can bench press 220 pounds, which isn't bad for 59 years old..
And I can do 10 chin ups..
But to be able to to PULL UPS and clap in between them is phenomenol.
I can't do one single wide grip pull up...(rotator cuff)..
You must be one strong fellow. Congrats.
RTR
sip

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I just don't weigh a lot and I don't do 'clap' pull-ups on any kind on regular basis because it bothers my wrists to violently catch the bar on the way down. Doing tons of pull-ups is really just a cardio/conditioning thing. When I first started doing pull-ups from P90X about 6 years ago I couldn't do more than 5. Now I do 200 on my Sunday workout. I only weigh 147 pounds though at 5'9 1/2".

Oh and you bench more than me and I'm 36 but I have no clue what my max is. I rep 60lb Dumbbells(120 Total) on my Chest Monday workouts but it's a heavy volume/rep workout.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
i dont care what anyone says. Amari would put up sick numbers in that Raiders offense.. As far as winning goes, that remains to be seen.
I'll agree with you to the extent that Derek Carr had a respectable 1st season at QB. I guess I'm like everyone else in just expecting that organization to be run so poorly that the on field product will underperform. It's still better than the Jets I guess who never have a QB.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Carr and Coop would work well together from what I've seen of Carr the Younger :D.

Carr likes the 3-step quick release...doesn't do much dancing and wants to get the ball out quick. Granted, I have to assume the Raiders OL may necessitate that to a degree. Cooper's ability as a route runner may shine in this kind of attack.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.