Post season thread...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What is sad for me is that, as we sit here on the Saturday before Selection Sunday, we aren't even a part of the discussion. One time in the last 10 years of making the NCAA Tournament? I understand as a whole the conference had some "down years" and we landed fewer bids in some of those years but, geez, this is where we are now?

And listening to local sports talk radio this morning and the entire first one and a half hours was talking about UAB and their chance to win into the tournament and the Barn's run in the SEC tourney. Nothing about Bama basketball.

***Sigh****

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
What is sad for me is that, as we sit here on the Saturday before Selection Sunday, we aren't even a part of the discussion. One time in the last 10 years of making the NCAA Tournament? I understand as a whole the conference had some "down years" and we landed fewer bids in some of those years but, geez, this is where we are now?

And listening to local sports talk radio this morning and the entire first one and a half hours was talking about UAB and their chance to win into the tournament and the Barn's run in the SEC tourney. Nothing about Bama basketball.

***Sigh****
I was thinking this last night also. We are not even in the NCAA discussion and may not be in the NIT discussion either. How far do we sink before something is done?

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Keep Grant because he is a good guy, let Grant go because he hasn't been able to win. I like Grant but I would like to care about basketball winning is nice.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
From today's issue of "The Battle Plan":
Men's Basketball
Recent Results: March 7 at Texas A&M (W, 61-60); March 12 vs. Florida (SEC) (L, 61-69)
Our senior captain, Levi Randolph, continues to make us proud as he received another richly deserved accolade this week as he was named the 2015 SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year. Levi is only the second Alabama player to earn the honor in program history. Earlier this year, Levi became the program’s first Academic All-American. In addition to the Scholar Athlete of the Year, Levi earned second team All-SEC honors – the first all-conference honor of his stellar career. Despite a disappointing record in league play this season, we remain one of the top teams in the league over the last five seasons as Alabama has recorded 48 victories, which ranks third in the SEC. Only Kentucky and Florida have accrued more wins over the same time period. As a program, we need one more victory to reach the 1,600-win plateau as a program (our all-time record is 1,599 wins, 983 losses, for a winning percentage of .619). When the Tide reach 1,600 victories, Alabama will become the 34th program in NCAA Division I to reach the milestone. Alabama would join Missouri State, Georgetown, Ohio State, Arkansas and Michigan State as programs to reach that milestone this season
Lipstick on a pig...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Argh the quote function not working is killing me!

I give up on Battle if he doesn't fire Grant. There is not one single reason anyone can give me to convince me he deserves another year. I was happy with the Grant hire, thought it was the best hire for us at the time, but he has flat out bombed here. I voted in Ida's poll at the beginning of the year that it was NCAA or bust for him. He has had PLENTY OF TIME to get things right and he can't. He cannot recruit the players we need and when he actually does, he runs them off one way or another. If we keep Grant this year I can almost guarantee you that Pearl makes more noise (good noise) in state than Grant does. All in-staters will favor the barn just because Pearl has the energy needed for basketball. Yea he's a NCAA risk, but the fact is he took a worse team to the SEC Tourney and is still playing (not after 3 minutes of game action mind you) but he shows what decent coaching can get you. Meanwhile Grant is walking around and seems stuck up and alienates half the players.

Like someone said in another thread, if Grant stays I expect 1-2 or more to transfer out. Next year we will be horrible.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Question--Wasn't Grant going to be the Head Coach at Florida until Billy Donovan changed his mind about leaving for the Orlando Magic?
Jeremy Foley's plane was on the tarmac in Richmond when he received word that Donovan wanted his job back. I was living in Orlando at the time, and they were giving a blow by blow account of the proceedings on a radio sports talk show.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm not saying it's bad to email, but remember what the last "fax campaign" got us in football? CMD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.