Alabama woman on the run in fatal 2004 DUI accident captured in Thailand

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Kelly Lynn Miller, now 36, was taken into custody Tuesday by Phuket Tourist Police, who had been watching her for a month, according to Thailand publication Phuketwan.com. She had a two-month-old son with her at the time of her arrest.

The publication said Miller, of Bessemer, applied lipstick during a press conference announcing her time on the run. She was forced to sit in front of police during the presser.

She reportedly spend years island hopping to avoid detection, and gave birth to her son in a small clinic where the birth apparently went unregistered. The publication said Miller, and her infant, will be sent back to the U.S.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/03/alabama_woman_on_the_run_in_fa.html

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket...-fugitive-arrested-Koh-Lanta/52539#ad-image-0

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/284007...n-thailand-after-more-than-5-years-on-the-run

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
She looks just like the second craziest girl I ever dated.

Catfish's tip for the day: Never date anybody crazier than you are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
She had money, or she had help from back here. It's not that easy to expatriate enough money to maintain the lifestyle she was living. Sounds like enough material for a book or crime drama episode...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Did she actually think she could "blend in" in Thailand? I guess she was successful for 5 years, but have mercy, she should have gone to the Netherlands or Norway if she wanted to hide forever.

I'm glad she was caught and can be brought to justice.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Yes it will make a good book one day. Some believe she picked Thailand mainly due to her "skillset". Common perception is that Kelly was a "dancer" however "date for hire" would be more accurate. She was part of the Birmingham late night party scene (Bell Bottoms, Qwest, after parties) from the late 90's up until the tragic event.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Did she actually think she could "blend in" in Thailand? I guess she was successful for 5 years, but have mercy, she should have gone to the Netherlands or Norway if she wanted to hide forever.

I'm glad she was caught and can be brought to justice.
If you look at her arrest pix, her hair had reverted to its normal brunette. However, having spent time both in Norway and the Netherlands, they gather a lot of info about you in a lot of ways - just renting a hotel room for example. I don't think she would have lasted anything like 5 years there. In SE Asia, particularly the islands, I understand that customs, etc., are a lot less strict...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes it will make a good book one day. Some believe she picked Thailand mainly due to her "skillset". Common perception is that Kelly was a "dancer" however "date for hire" would be more accurate. She was part of the Birmingham late night party scene (Bell Bottoms, Qwest, after parties) from the late 90's up until the tragic event.
The money to support her for five years certainly doesn't appear from that background. Also, in a related question, who the hell is the father of her baby? Get the answer to that and you may get the answer to her support, and he would be an accomplice in her flight from justice...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
If you look at her arrest pix, her hair had reverted to its normal brunette. However, having spent time both in Norway and the Netherlands, they gather a lot of info about you in a lot of ways - just renting a hotel room for example. I don't think she would have lasted anything like 5 years there. In SE Asia, particularly the islands, I understand that customs, etc., are a lot less strict...
This.

Add to the fact that a great deal of Ausses and Kiwis are all over the beach areas of southern Thailand, her appearance wouldn't cause any second looks when she isn't talking. I could see her easily finding work at one or of the resorts built back. By the time she got there I don't think the effects of the tsunami would have been an issue.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
The money to support her for five years certainly doesn't appear from that background. Also, in a related question, who the hell is the father of her baby? Get the answer to that and you may get the answer to her support, and he would be an accomplice in her flight from justice...
More than likely she had various sources of income including help from family and boyfriend along with other friends/business partners/customers/etc. That's how she lived here so one could imagine it was the same there in the islands.

Here is a link to another story possibly involving her:

But they have no premises, no medical qualifications, and employ no staff, medical or otherwise, though Kara says a third person, an American woman called Brea was present on the day of Brodie’s death. This may be a woman called Breazus Love on Facebook and on Victor Cracknell's Facebook page who has just given birth.
http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/12/yet-another-cover-up-scandal-of-koh.html

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You are still talking about a lot of fund transfer between here and SE Asia. That leaves a paper trail or the electronic equivalent. I'd be interested to know exactly how they nailed her...

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Due to the caste system in Thailand, a light skinned person can move about almost unquestioned. Walk to the front of the line, no problem. Ignore security checkpoints at malls and hotels, no problem. Pitch a mini-fit to get what you want, no problem. Just don't PO the grandmothers, they hold the trump cards and can bring the whole neighborhood down on you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.