Colts Waive Trent Richardson/ Signs with Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Not Surprising News: Colts Waive Trent Richardson

No way on the Saints unless he wants to be a FB.

The Colts haven't featured a back since Magahee and that's a looooong time ago. U was baffled they got TR with the fun and gun they run on offense. Cowboys, Steelers, Falcons, the Pack are offenses like he needs. He also needs a serious attitude check or he'll never get a sniff.
I loved to see him get a shot with Dallas or the Falcons.

Hope he makes the adjustments he needs to make (if within him to be able to do so) and he gets another shot.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

The Colts haven't featured a back since Magahee .
Who? If you are talking about Willis McGahee then he never played for the Colts. The last time I remember the Colts having a dominate running back is in 2005. They had Edgerrian James, but anyone and everyone on that offense will always be overlooked because of Manning, Wayne, and Harrison. I remember Edge was the only reason (besides the refs) that they were able to avoid being blown out in the first half and early third quarter against the Steelers in the Divisional game. Edge was one heck of a running back in his prime. After he left Addai and Rhodes shared time in the spotlight together at that spot until 2011, they were good but not overally great.

I would say you are spot on about the Falcons, and maybe the Cowboys being better fits for him. But the Steelers I would have to say absolutly no. If he went to the Steelers then I promise you the majority of this board would be complaining about how he doesnt have an offensive line ten times as worse as they are now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I hope Trent has a good agent. He can make a pretty good living locally, doing endorsements and stuff.
As far as an NFL running back, he hesitates too much.
Honestly, it's not his fault. At Bama, the backs are taught to do their, "steps"
In the NFL, you better hit the hole and you better hit it quick.
Trent just never seemed to be able to do that, for whatever reason.
I wish him the best.
sip

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Who? If you are talking about Willis McGahee then he never played for the Colts. The last time I remember the Colts having a dominate running back is in 2005. They had Edgerrian James, but anyone and everyone on that offense will always be overlooked because of Manning, Wayne, and Harrison. I remember Edge was the only reason (besides the refs) that they were able to avoid being blown out in the first half and early third quarter against the Steelers in the Divisional game. Edge was one heck of a running back in his prime. After he left Addai and Rhodes shared time in the spotlight together at that spot until 2011, they were good but not overally great.

I would say you are spot on about the Falcons, and maybe the Cowboys being better fits for him. But the Steelers I would have to say absolutly no. If he went to the Steelers then I promise you the majority of this board would be complaining about how he doesnt have an offensive line ten times as worse as they are now.
You're right. The Edge is who I was thinking of. My bad. That's how long ago it was :)

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

Falcons would be an awful fit for Trent. They have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. The Cowboys just signed McFadden. If he wants to continue his shot at RB i think he should go to an organization like the Pats or even Steelers and try to work his way into a rotation. Even if it means starting out on the practice squad.. He may have to do that regardless of where he goes.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

The Colts haven't featured a back since Magahee and that's a looooong time ago. U was baffled they got TR with the fun and gun they run on offense. Cowboys, Steelers, Falcons, the Pack are offenses like he needs. He also needs a serious attitude check or he'll never get a sniff.
Not suggesting he'd be the starter but the Saints historically rotate backs. Just thinking TR could benefit from MI's leadership, work ethic and attitude.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Not suggesting he'd be the starter but the Saints historically rotate backs. Just thinking TR could benefit from MI's leadership, work ethic and attitude.
The Saints signed CJ Spiller yesterday. They aren't signing Trent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Well I'd say 2015 is Trent's last chance to make something happen before he is out of the NFL forever.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Falcons would be an awful fit for Trent. They have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. The Cowboys just signed McFadden. If he wants to continue his shot at RB i think he should go to an organization like the Pats or even Steelers and try to work his way into a rotation. Even if it means starting out on the practice squad.. He may have to do that regardless of where he goes.
The pats could work for him, but the hood wouldn't let him out of the preseason if there wasn't substantial improvement because they already have a stacked rb core with Ridley,gray, and Blount.I can't figure out why people think the steelers are a good fit for him. He would be walking into the same situation as he did with the colts. He would have an elite qb, a dismal offensive line, and a pass happy offensive coordinator (Todd Haley ). Plus there is no way he would beat out bell at this point. I would say the cowboys would probably be one of the best options for him, and maybe the eagles

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

The Steelers signed DeAngelo Williams this week. Trent's not signing there.

His is going to be a long road now in the NFL. Running backs these days only get a couple of true shots at being an elite, starting RB. Trent's had two shots now, fair or not. He's probably looking at journeyman RB (read: insurance policy) from here on out, unless he can catch lightning in a bottle somewhere. I hope he does.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008

The pats could work for him, but the hood wouldn't let him out of the preseason if there wasn't substantial improvement because they already have a stacked rb core with Ridley,gray, and Blount.I can't figure out why people think the steelers are a good fit for him. He would be walking into the same situation as he did with the colts. He would have an elite qb, a dismal offensive line, and a pass happy offensive coordinator (Todd Haley ). Plus there is no way he would beat out bell at this point. I would say the cowboys would probably be one of the best options for him, and maybe the eagles
i only say the Steelelers because they have lacked depth behind Bell. Trent will be hard pressed to start anywhere. Last season when Bell got hurt they had zilch behind him. They added D Williams but it's not like he is close to a great back or anything. He just needs to try and make a practice squad with a professional organization. The Steelers and Pats both fit that IMHO..The Pats dont have one great back. He'd possibly get a shot at some point off the practice squad with how they rotate backs during the season and injuries.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i only say the Steelelers because they have lacked depth behind Bell. Trent will be hard pressed to start anywhere. Last season when Bell got hurt they had zilch behind him. They added D Williams but it's not like he is close to a great back or anything. He just needs to try and make a practice squad with a professional organization. The Steelers and Pats both fit that IMHO..The Pats dont have one great back. He'd possibly get a shot at some point off the practice squad with how they rotate backs during the season and injuries.
Trent could make the practice squad but tomlin won't put up with any shenanigans. Tomlin has a rep in showing great backs to the curb, Blount and Parker are clear examples. So if there was something between the colts and Trent about his attitude or poor work ethic then I highly doubt the rooneys and tomlin would even give Trent a thought.

The steelers actually had depth at runningback, but late in the season Blount and tomlin got into it. So it kinda threw a huge wrench into the depth chart.

The pats have gray and Blount, and they are way ahead of Trent so there is absolutely no chance Trent would have a serious shot. Plus if Ridley comes back I'm 100% sure Trent won't be looking for real estate near Boston.

Trent probably had a better situation in Indy than what he will probably have in 2015. IMO

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008

So what teams need a RB that would utilize a back like Trent?
utilize as in actually getting playing time would be very few outside of injury. off the top of my head i can see the Vikings if Peterson leaves. McKinnon would still start obviously but i think he could battle Asiata for some reps. Asiata is not very good.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So what teams need a RB that would utilize a back like Trent?
Trent will most likely not start regardless of how desperate any team is to have a running back. Most teams would probably use the draft to acquire runningbacks that they can train up over Trent. I think maybe the eagles would be one of his better opportunities that he might have, and possibly Seattle as a practice squad player. Denver is also a possibility, but the problem with that is that elway will probably reorganize and rebuild from scratch when Peyton throws in the towel. So Trent wouldn't be long term there

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Things just got worse for Trent. He signed with the Raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.