Colts Waive Trent Richardson/ Signs with Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
People were so quick to judge Trent without doing their homework... They did same thing when he was with Browns and Colts...
Ok explain how a guy that gets drafted 100 plus picks behind him had more success with the colts than Trent. I'm not saying Trent can't play, but I think he was overhyped. This is most likely his last shot because it's extremely hard to come up with a good reason on why he had subpar yards with Andrew luck taking 90% of a given defense's attention.

B

BroadwayJoe777

I just hope he can make the roster and hang around the league long enough to be fully vested in a pension.
Are you Trent's mother? wife? Sorry to bust your bubble, but TRICH is done.

Let me qualify that by saying, I thought TRICH was the best running back I ever saw in college.

I have no idea what happened to him, but 2 yards a carry isn't going to cut it in the NFL.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
IF I remember correct.. BRown OL was't that good... COlt OL wasn't good and He wasn't happy there...... there were some games he should've done better.. I'll give you that .. but overall.. I don't know if its the team he was on...or whatever.. I think its still too early to say he's a bust.. depsite that the fact he's been with several teams... raider is a perfect fit for him, so we'll see how he'll make best of the opportunity.

Ok explain how a guy that gets drafted 100 plus picks behind him had more success with the colts than Trent. I'm not saying Trent can't play, but I think he was overhyped. This is most likely his last shot because it's extremely hard to come up with a good reason on why he had subpar yards with Andrew luck taking 90% of a given defense's attention.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I understand Trent has really struggled to live up to his billing in the NFL. It's been difficult to watch. I was so happy that Ingram finally sort of got a real opportunity last year and made the most of it. Eddie has been fantastic with Green Bay. But Trent has been such a mystery.

But on this play... it was blown out of proportion and folks got it wrong. There was no great cutback opportunity there... he would have gotten hammered by 2 LBs had he cut back. He was following the play, and Oakland's OL didn't get much of a push or open anything up for him. But because of his history, folks see a bad camera angle shot and just start piling on.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
IF I remember correct.. BRown OL was't that good... COlt OL wasn't good and He wasn't happy there...... there were some games he should've done better.. I'll give you that .. but overall.. I don't know if its the team he was on...or whatever.. I think its still too early to say he's a bust.. depsite that the fact he's been with several teams... raider is a perfect fit for him, so we'll see how he'll make best of the opportunity.
In 2012, Trent led the Browns in rushing with 950 yards. He didn't have the best yards per carry, though; Brandon Weeden and Montario Hardesty both averaged over 4 yards a carry compared to Trent's 3.6

Behind the same offensive line, Donald Brown rushed for 79 more yards than Trent on 55 less carries in 2013. Brown averaged 2.4 more yards per carry than Trent.

In 2014, the Colts had four players rush the ball at least 50 times during the regular season. Trent was the only one that did not average at least 4 yards per carry. Trent did lead the Colts rushing attack in one thing - attempts. He had 159 compared to Ahmad Bradshaw's 90, Daniel Herron's 78, and Andrew Luck's 60. He tied Luck for the most rushing touchdowns on the team with 3.

Trent has consistently under-performed every season other than his first. The 2013 season can be blamed on being in a new system. What's the reason for the 2014 season?

I understand Trent has really struggled to live up to his billing in the NFL. It's been difficult to watch. I was so happy that Ingram finally sort of got a real opportunity last year and made the most of it. Eddie has been fantastic with Green Bay. But Trent has been such a mystery.

But on this play... it was blown out of proportion and folks got it wrong. There was no great cutback opportunity there... he would have gotten hammered by 2 LBs had he cut back. He was following the play, and Oakland's OL didn't get much of a push or open anything up for him. But because of his history, folks see a bad camera angle shot and just start piling on.
IOW, every single play seen live? It's easy to look at game film a day or so later and take time to look at every play multiple times. When it happens in the moment, people see it and react. Just like when fans get mad because one of Bama's CBs gets beat by a WR when really the play called for the S to help over the top. The immediate reaction is to blame the CB.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
In 2012, Trent led the Browns in rushing with 950 yards. He didn't have the best yards per carry, though; Brandon Weeden and Montario Hardesty both averaged over 4 yards a carry compared to Trent's 3.6

Behind the same offensive line, Donald Brown rushed for 79 more yards than Trent on 55 less carries in 2013. Brown averaged 2.4 more yards per carry than Trent.

In 2014, the Colts had four players rush the ball at least 50 times during the regular season. Trent was the only one that did not average at least 4 yards per carry. Trent did lead the Colts rushing attack in one thing - attempts. He had 159 compared to Ahmad Bradshaw's 90, Daniel Herron's 78, and Andrew Luck's 60. He tied Luck for the most rushing touchdowns on the team with 3.

Trent has consistently under-performed every season other than his first. The 2013 season can be blamed on being in a new system. What's the reason for the 2014 season?
Not to Defend Trent or anything like that.... But if you look at their OL from 2014 (Colts)
They had issue with their OL line due to injuries, lack of consistency and poor play. Look at their depth chart... How many time Colts started the same five linemen for three games in a row? Trent wasn’t impressive when he was with colts. But if the other RBs were playing well with medicore OL, then there is no reason for Trent to struggle. I can't just blame Trent, but I can't defend him either. All I'm saying is that it's just preseason... He ran 5 times for 18 yards.. that's not lot to judge him... several other RBs had smilar stats... Let's wait and see how the preseason shakes out and see how he does. He needs to play a full half to see how he looks. His last three years in NFL hasn't been impressive.. but then again Ingram wasn't either...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Are you Trent's mother? wife? Sorry to bust your bubble, but TRICH is done.

Let me qualify that by saying, I thought TRICH was the best running back I ever saw in college.

I have no idea what happened to him, but 2 yards a carry isn't going to cut it in the NFL.
perhaps you should qualify your posts so as not to come off as such a jerk.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm a big fan of Trent, although I've never met him. I have no idea what his goals in life might be.

If he decided to maximize his effort during his college days so that he could tap the NFL for a big pile of money...then I'd say he's been a success.

Leaving the league after a series of lackluster years with his health fairly intact and having been paid a TON of money, I hope Trent doesn't get down on himself, he could have done much worse in life.

On the other hand, maybe Trent will find the will to return to his successful running ways and do it to please his fans. If he becomes the Raiders' workhorse and wears himself out on the field playing for them and setting records, many would see that as a happy ending.

My preference for former Bama players is for them to maximize what they get paid by the NFL, while at the same time staying in good or at least decent physical shape so they can enjoy their money after they are through playing.

Yes, I would very much like to see Trent playing better but I sometimes think fans can be a little too demanding given the cost of what some of them demand.

While football players are in college, I love for them to be glory-hounds, leaving everything on the field every game, setting records and making college football fans swoon. But once they are pros, playing for money, I don't really care how dedicated they seem to be towards playing for their employers.

What's that old line from the old rock song..."Take the money and run..."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
IOW, every single play seen live? It's easy to look at game film a day or so later and take time to look at every play multiple times. When it happens in the moment, people see it and react. Just like when fans get mad because one of Bama's CBs gets beat by a WR when really the play called for the S to help over the top. The immediate reaction is to blame the CB.
No, just this one play. I get that people react in the moment, which often times leads to the wrong conclusion. However, even after it's plastered all over twitter and folks start posting videos and pics showing how the play didn't happen as everyone first thought, people still ran with the story that Trent is soooo bad that he missed a gaping hole right in front of him.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
I'm a big fan of Trent, although I've never met him. I have no idea what his goals in life might be.

If he decided to maximize his effort during his college days so that he could tap the NFL for a big pile of money...then I'd say he's been a success.

Leaving the league after a series of lackluster years with his health fairly intact and having been paid a TON of money, I hope Trent doesn't get down on himself, he could have done much worse in life.

On the other hand, maybe Trent will find the will to return to his successful running ways and do it to please his fans. If he becomes the Raiders' workhorse and wears himself out on the field playing for them and setting records, many would see that as a happy ending.

My preference for former Bama players is for them to maximize what they get paid by the NFL, while at the same time staying in good or at least decent physical shape so they can enjoy their money after they are through playing.

Yes, I would very much like to see Trent playing better but I sometimes think fans can be a little too demanding given the cost of what some of them demand.

While football players are in college, I love for them to be glory-hounds, leaving everything on the field every game, setting records and making college football fans swoon. But once they are pros, playing for money, I don't really care how dedicated they seem to be towards playing for their employers.

What's that old line from the old rock song..."Take the money and run..."

Why wait till they are pros??? *U, "paying players top dollar" is their motto.:biggrin2:

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Can we close down this tread or at least rename it?

Every time I see it I panically think that Trent has been cut from the Raiders for a split second.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not to Defend Trent or anything like that.... But if you look at their OL from 2014 (Colts)
They had issue with their OL line due to injuries, lack of consistency and poor play. Look at their depth chart... How many time Colts started the same five linemen for three games in a row? Trent wasn’t impressive when he was with colts. But if the other RBs were playing well with medicore OL, then there is no reason for Trent to struggle. I can't just blame Trent, but I can't defend him either. All I'm saying is that it's just preseason... He ran 5 times for 18 yards.. that's not lot to judge him... several other RBs had smilar stats... Let's wait and see how the preseason shakes out and see how he does. He needs to play a full half to see how he looks. His last three years in NFL hasn't been impressive.. but then again Ingram wasn't either...
Leveon bell plays with one of the worst offensive lines with the steelers and has better numbers than Trent. Also lacy has a worse oline than Trent.

This is probably my last post on this topic until something moves one way or another because arguing why bama players aren't successful or why they aren't starting based on what has been proven on the field or what has been leaked from the gm's office is futile for some reason here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Name calling allowed here?
That's not prohibited, but you are indeed coming off as a jerk. We have a rule against bashing players and former players. You went way over that line. Once more, and there will be consequences. If you have anything to say to me, send me a PM. Don't make the fatal mistake of posting it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.