Colts Waive Trent Richardson/ Signs with Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Not Surprising News: Colts Waive Trent Richardson

That's not a bad thing. only thing difference is that He picked a team he wanted to be with, so we'll see if his game truly improved or not. If he doesn't beat the others for the job, then that tells me he'll be a bust.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Let's go Trent!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Glad Trent is getting another opportunity and hope he takes advantage of it (I think he will). The Raiders are horrible but Trent probably did not have many options.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area

That's not a bad thing. only thing difference is that He picked a team he wanted to be with, so we'll see if his game truly improved or not. If he doesn't beat the others for the job, then that tells me he'll be a bust.
Hopefully he had several teams to choose from here. Best of luck to him. He needs to get it going and to truly earn his pay.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

@RapSheet #Raiders sign RB Trent Richardson to a 2-year worth $3.9M total, source said. It can go up to $4M per year based on incentives.
It seems to me a running back that gets fewer than normal runs per game is actually in a good spot if you take into account the long term effects of multiple concussions. If I were Trent, I think I could make a go of it making 3.9 million over the next two years and it wouldn't bother me one bit if they had someone running first string that took the bulk of the physical punishment. In fact, when Trent gets older, he may be glad he didn't set a record for yards gained or runs made or concussions suffered.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I'm happy for Trent that he will still have a decent paycheck coming in, but I really hate to see it be with the raiders. That team ruined the best years of McFaddens career. Trent will still have no o-line to help him out, and he won't have a particularly good passing game to shelter him either. I fear that this might mark the end of Trent as we know him.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Im a long time Raider fan, so im happy to see if Trent can get his career turned around, would love to see it happen.

The Raiders cleaned house this off season, totally new coaching staff all the way down to the strenght & conditioning coaches.
This is an opportunity to have a clean slate for Trent, most positions will be open to competition, if he works his tail off he will have a real chance to get back to being a starting RB.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Im a long time Raider fan, so im happy to see if Trent can get his career turned around, would love to see it happen.

The Raiders cleaned house this off season, totally new coaching staff all the way down to the strenght & conditioning coaches.
This is an opportunity to have a clean slate for Trent, most positions will be open to competition, if he works his tail off he will have a real chance to get back to being a starting RB.
That is all the guy could ask for. I hope he makes it but he has not run the ball in the pros like he did at Bama when he ran over and around people. He acts like he is running to try to prolong his career instead of going full speed almost like he is( for lack of a better word) scared.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

It seems to me a running back that gets fewer than normal runs per game is actually in a good spot if you take into account the long term effects of multiple concussions. If I were Trent, I think I could make a go of it making 3.9 million over the next two years and it wouldn't bother me one bit if they had someone running first string that took the bulk of the physical punishment. In fact, when Trent gets older, he may be glad he didn't set a record for yards gained or runs made or concussions suffered.
Ask Earl Campbell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BroadwayJoe777

Didn't think a NFL team would touch him. I hope Trent gets it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.