Colts Waive Trent Richardson/ Signs with Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: Not Surprising News: Colts Waive Trent Richardson

Hate it for Trent and hope he catches on somewhere else.
Dallas is going to need a RB. Cowboys, give him a chance. Behind that OL, he may be very productive.

UAinAthens

Scout Team
Jul 5, 2001
gmail.com

I really hope he gets picked up somewhere that both cares about the running game and has a good line. I still believe he could be great, but its going to be hard in todays NFL. But no one was going to be good behind the Colts line.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

He'll get picked up somewhere ...if he wants to. There are always a dozen or more teams in need a of running back that would be willing to give someone with his resume a shot.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Trent is digging himself into a hole with his comments about this. Showing a very poor attitude in my opinion.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Not really. Lot players have said bad things about their former teams and have gone on to have better career. I think for the first time, he finally has a control on deciding what team will fit him the best, and I think he'll be okay this time.
Trent is digging himself into a hole with his comments about this. Showing a very poor attitude in my opinion.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Not surprising at all. Anyone with half a brain would know this was going to happen. Not even a need for another damn Trent Richardson thread.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

Several on here have suggested the Colts offensive line as being the issue causing Trent's problems. I disagree. Trent's problems reside between his ears. If he ever gets his hunger/passion back for the game, he'll thrive. If not, he'll be one of the bigger flops in modern history.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

When he gets with a team that'll block for him,.....he'll shine..jmo
To be fair he was the least efficient runner on the team with them all running behind the same O-Line.

Bradshaw 4.7 YPC
Herron 4.5 YPC
A.Luck 4.3 YPC
Trent 3.3 YPC

Luck also had the same amount of rushing TD's as Trent (3).

As some point we have to all be honest here...it's just not working out for him unfortunately. I just hope he was reasonably smart with his finances.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL

The Cowboys suggestion would be Great for Trent. I understand him trying to get his money back but his actions caused a lot of the trouble. He had issues holding on to the ball as well.

I just hope he can make the Best of his next opportunity..

BTW Saints are looking for another RB?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I would think some team might want to give Trent a low base figure, high incentive contract and see if he can get himself sorted out.
He's got great potential still.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He really can't be too picky about where he goes next nor can he demand too much money. I wish him well, but after two teams have wasted a first round draft pick on him, he won't have people beating his door down to sign him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's not listed as invited to the March 22 Veteran's Combine. Hopefully he sees this as an opportunity and his agent can get him a spot.
He's not the type player the NFL had in mind when it created the Veteran's Combine. He's had plenty of exposure for other teams to get an idea of what he can do. The Veteran's Combine is for guys who didn't get the chance like others. Marquis Maze would be the type player the NFL had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.