Colts Waive Trent Richardson/ Signs with Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I actually like the Raiders and will be pulling for them. Hopefully he goes back to #33. I really dont want a Bama RB playing for the Raiders wearing #34 for obvious reasons :)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
This is just a wild guess, but I think Trent will be playing pro football for at least the next three seasons.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hopefully this is indeed accurate, but it's best to take everything with a grain of salt right now. This is the time of the year when everyone is in the best shape of their life, finally healthy, finally acclimated with the system, really feeling like their clicking with the new coaching staff, really matured, etc., etc. As always, September will separate the substance from the s... well, you know.

Either way, for Trent's sake, hopefully he plays a lot better this season. Frankly, if he plays as poorly this season as he did a year ago, his NFL career is probably over.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm gonna be a bandwagon Raiders fan this year since they have Trent and Amari. If the QB continues to play well and develop I think they have a shot at getting a wild card spot in the playoffs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I'm gonna be a bandwagon Raiders fan this year since they have Trent and Amari. If the QB continues to play well and develop I think they have a shot at getting a wild card spot in the playoffs..
I'm glad you mentioned that. I think having Amari there will help Trent tremendously, as far as work ethic, determination, etc. Strange saying that, but I feel that it is true.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Hopefully with his weight down he'll be more elusive like he was at Bama. I think a lot of us saw him as too bulked up in his 2nd and 3rd years in the NFL and it seems he understands how that happened and why it hurt him, so that's good.

Of the 4 guys Saban has had that were 1st or 2nd rounders - Ingram, Richardson, Lacy and Yeldon I always thought Richardson was the best at Bama. The way he carried that team in 2011 was very, very impressive. Unlike the others he didn't have a great WR the QB could throw to to get guys out of the box (no disrespect to Maze, but the fact he won a national title with him as the #1 guy is crazy in retrospect).

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I'm hoping whatever was holding Trent back is behind him now. I look forward to seeing him perform in the NFL like he did at Bama. Good luck, Trent.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Not a good way to start off with a new team....Link

The Oakland Raiders held their first practice of training camp on Friday in Napa, Calif., but Trent Richardson didn't participate. Oakland announced the former Alabama All-American had been placed on the non-football injury list.

The non-football injury list is for players who get hurt away from team activities, although the Raiders did not announce an injury for Richardson. His placement on the NFI list also might indicate he did not pass or did not take Thursday's conditioning test.

While on the NFI list, Richardson can't practice with the team. He'll be immediately eligible to practice once the designation is removed.

The NFI designation comes two days after Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reported "whispers are that the Trent Richardson reclamation project is not going so well."

The Raiders signed Richardson after he was released by the Indianapolis Colts in March. Richardson was thought to be a contender for the starting running back spot with Latavius Murray after Oakland let Darren McFadden go and Maurice Jones-Drew retired in the offseason, although Murray was viewed as the incumbent after his play down the stretch last season for the Raiders.

In 2011, Richardson set Alabama's single-season rushing record, finished third in the Heisman Trophy balloting and helped the Crimson Tide win the BCS national championship. Selected with the third pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Richardson is preparing for his fourth NFL season with his third team.

After running for 950 yards as a rookie for the Cleveland Browns in 2012, he was traded to the Indianapolis Colts and had 563 rushing yards in 2013 and 519 yards in 2014. His number of carries decreased, too, from 267 to 188 to 159.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Perplexing is right. The Trent situation is one of the most confusing I have seen.

He hasn't been in any real trouble. He's had injuries but nothing that seems career threatening. It seems like a bunch of little things just culminated. His rookie year was a solid season for a pretty pathetic team, and it just went downhill from there. Its just a shame, Lacy and Ingram combine for 2,000 yards rushing last season and there just doesn't seem to be any issues with Trent that couldn't be addressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.