SEC hoops tourney catch-all thread

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Off day today . . .Watching FL v KY. Can't decide whether or not to watch the Aubs play later.

Cats haven't played particularly well, but they are SO talented and play hard.

Feel free to join in if you are watching/listening.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I will definitely watch AU-LSU. If LSU loses, they could get knocked out. Checked Lunardi today, and he has them on the bubble.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In case anyone missed it, here's the ending to the Ole Miss-South Carolina game.

Marshall Henderson was a little stunned at the end...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Auburn's Jordan Grainger was just ejected against LSU for throwing two punches at Jordan Mickey. You can see him ready to fight in this picture.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Dumb move by the LSU coach not to foul. How do you let Harrell have a shot in that situation.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Awbs win in overtime. 73-70. [gag] Get kentucky tomorrow. Go Big Blue!
Barn win over 'Whos and date with No. 1 UK could be a good outcome on several levels for turning up the glare into Grant's continuing ineptitude as 'Bama coach. Like how Pearl, with a team of misfits, has now won twice as many SEC tourney games in two days as Grant has in what, three years? And losing to the Barn probably pushes LSU into the NIT and pushes 'Bama out of it. Anything that calls attention to Grant's failure right now - bring it! Gotta keep that backlash going since the Tide ain't going nowhere under his coaching.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Barn win over 'Whos and date with No. 1 UK could be a good outcome on several levels for turning up the glare into Grant's continuing ineptitude as 'Bama coach. Like how Pearl, with a team of misfits, has now won twice as many SEC tourney games in two days as Grant has in what, three years? And losing to the Barn probably pushes LSU into the NIT and pushes 'Bama out of it. Anything that calls attention to Grant's failure right now - bring it! Gotta keep that backlash going since the Tide ain't going nowhere under his coaching.
Was thinking similar things. Pearl and AU winning with scrubs and Bama is bounced in the first round with no NCAA talk even remote in over half a decade. I hope they show that they care about BBall but I'm afraid it will look like they don't.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If Battle can just be coerced into giving Grant the dreaded vote of confidence, that should just about finish him off (Grant) at Alabama, the way those things inevitably turn out.

Meanwhile, another small conference tournament result that abets the cause for keeping Grant out of the NIT (unless he were to go with UF as a volunteer assistant to his Daddy Eddie Munster):
http://www.delawareonline.com/story...s-top-seeded-north-carolina-central/70313048/

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
In events actually related to the SEC tournament, today it's Kentucky v Awbarn and Arkansas v Georgia.

Hoping for an epic slaughter by the Cats and a win by the Hogs. That should set up a fun-to-watch final.

Begins at noon [cental] on ESPN.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Was thinking similar things. Pearl and AU winning with scrubs and Bama is bounced in the first round with no NCAA talk even remote in over half a decade. I hope they show that they care about BBall but I'm afraid it will look like they don't.
I hate to say it, but we know which program is on the right track. Auburn doesn't have a good basketball program, they don't have that much to work with, but they're out-recruiting Alabama now and it appears they're on the verge of outplaying them as well. That's not good..

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
Hoping for discussion about tournament. May be too much to hope for with so much discontent with the Alabama program. Anyway . . .

Awbs v Kentucky now on . . Tiggers without Bowers and Granger; both suspended. I may get the slaughter for which I was hoping.

Go Big Blue. Yep they ARE big!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The love the talking heads continue to give Pearl, a convicted cheater and liar, is sickening. Doesn't character count any more? How appropriate he is where he is.

On to the tourney, tomorrow has the chance to be a good game. I don't think the hogs will beat them but they have the talent to push them to the limit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.