2015 Spring Practice Thread

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I know it's AlabamaIntel, but there is talk that Grant Hill may not be returning this year? That would be a blow, IF true...
Yes it would be, but also would not be surprising based on his time on the team and some of the things Coach Saban said without actually saying directly.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think Grant Hill is actually coming back this year . I think they're using the spring camp and summer to evaluate where he is before the fall camp.
Yes it would be, but also would not be surprising based on his time on the team and some of the things Coach Saban said without actually saying directly.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Losing Hill could be devestating if we suffered injuries. He was a guy who I felt could step in now and give high quality play. Dominick isn't as good a pass blocker and I really expected him to play Guard which will result in a possibly lesser guard having to start the year. I sure hope Hill recovers from whatever it is ailing him. Especially with our seeminly weak ability to recruit tackles.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Clark hit 226 after going through the 4th qtr program last year, before the season. I'm sure the newly published roster hasn't been updated - that's not high on the list of things to do for the sports information dept.

I think the best indicator of what the staff has in mind for him is that he changed numbers to #5. He won't be in the Safety pool with this #, because a starter on defense already has that number so they couldn't both play at once. Of course, he can easily change numbers again, but he wouldn't have changed if the plan wasn't to have him on offense this year.

If he stays in the RB pool, I'd think he'd get used like Chris Smelley was a few years ago from the H spot. when smelley first played there as a freshman he was in the 225 range so it would be about right.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Seems like Jackson got better at Pass blocking, and it seems we have plenty of options at the OL line.http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/03/several_players_will_be_in_the.html#incart_river
The top candidates at guard are redshirt freshman Ross Pierschbacher, redshirt junior Alphonse Taylor, sophomore J.C. Hassenauer and redshirt sophomore Bradley Bozeman
"That kid's a great run blocker," Kelly said. "We knew that. Coming from his previous college's offense to now, there's a little bit change for him to pass block. [Offensive line coach Mario Cristobal] has done a great job with him because pass blocking can be one of the harder things to do. If you're big, you can run block, but [pass blocking] is where the [money] is at. He's been doing a great job and busting his butt all offseason."

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
A Lot of concern about DB's? I know but when you lose at least one as a Jr. to the FIRST ROUND of the NFL Draft EVERY YEAR it's tough to maintain because of the complex almost NFL system.

I really dont don't know why but I feel like this is going to be a Really special team setting all kinds of records.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wouldn't be suprised to see Coker going back to same place where he was last year....
I would expect him to work with the QB coach he's used for a few years, too. Blake's use of a QB coach came out of nowhere. Coker's been using one since he was at FSU.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Coker and McCarron have the same private quarterback coach, David Morris. There was several articles on espn and al talking about his journey to FSU and the transfering to Alabama, his work ethics. He's not the type to go have fun on Spring break. He's famous for his work ethics. So, i was saying that I wouldn't be suprised to see him go back to Mobile and workout with his private QB this week. Might not be a bad idea though, so he can continue to work on his release of the ball. As matter of fact, I would expect the QBs to workout on their own, because the job at QB is wide open and they would have to do whatever it takes to get the job.

I don't think Coker will have an issue this time...... The no.2 will be huge as well... We'll see where Barnett is at end of spring.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Coker and McCarron have the same private quarterback coach, David Morris. There was several articles on espn and al talking about his journey to FSU and the transfering to Alabama, his work ethics. He's not the type to go have fun on Spring break. He's famous for his work ethics. So, i was saying that I wouldn't be suprised to see him go back to Mobile and workout with his private QB this week. Might not be a bad idea though, so he can continue to work on his release of the ball. As matter of fact, I would expect the QBs to workout on their own, because the job at QB is wide open and they would have to do whatever it takes to get the job.

I don't think Coker will have an issue this time...... The no.2 will be huge as well... We'll see where Barnett is at end of spring.
The QB of the Ocean Springs Middle School team is also going to Morris. A.J. actually worked out with him a couple of weeks ago in MObile. Youngster's 8th grade...6'1...157 and can throw it 47 yards. NOt bad for 8th grade.
Morris charges 150.00 an hour so you better be serious. He was Eli Manning's backup at Ole Miss.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Exactly. On the positive side, we haven't heard a peep about players getting in trouble this week, and I'm grateful for that.
The QB of the Ocean Springs Middle School team is also going to Morris. A.J. actually worked out with him a couple of weeks ago in MObile. Youngster's 8th grade...6'1...157 and can throw it 47 yards. NOt bad for 8th grade.
Morris charges 150.00 an hour so you better be serious. He was Eli Manning's backup at Ole Miss.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Does this mean he will be 7'3", 285 and throw it 250 mph as a Senior? No, it just means that he has physically matured before others. He could be as tall as he will ever be. I hope he is having fun as well as working on football...pretty early to be this serious.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He could be a 4 year starter at HS level......
Does this mean he will be 7'3", 285 and throw it 250 mph as a Senior? No, it just means that he has physically matured before others. He could be as tall as he will ever be. I hope he is having fun as well as working on football...pretty early to be this serious.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Any idea what is going on with OL Grant Hill? I know he is on medical leave for the spring. What kind of injuries is he dealing with? I hate it because the young man had showed such promise early.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Exactly. On the positive side, we haven't heard a peep about players getting in trouble this week, and I'm grateful for that.
Way too early to be counting chickens...got a weekend to go. A Friday night, all day and all night Saturday, and the trip back to T-town Sunday. I hope it ends peacefully, but there's still plenty of time anything could happen.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Any idea what is going on with OL Grant Hill? I know he is on medical leave for the spring. What kind of injuries is he dealing with? I hate it because the young man had showed such promise early.
I thought Hill would start this fall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.