2015 Spring Practice Thread

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Does this mean he will be 7'3", 285 and throw it 250 mph as a Senior? No, it just means that he has physically matured before others. He could be as tall as he will ever be. I hope he is having fun as well as working on football...pretty early to be this serious.
I was a 5-10 145 center on my 8th grade basketball team--and was thought to be growing and coaches had a plan for this future big man in the middle with an ok shot. Was also a tall TE on the football team in the 8th grade. My Freshman year on the HS JV team I was a 5-10 150 Small Forward, with a decent shot. I ended my career My Senior year, as a starting 2 Guard at 5-11 160.

After my Freshman year of HS ball, I had to go out and teach myself how to shoot an outside shot and dribble better than I could as a C/F.... because during the summer between my Frosh and Soph years, I realized I probably was not going to get any taller. I came in my own as a sophomore long range shooter/scorer and would come off the bench to shoot/score for the varsity but could not dribble. I started as a long range shooting (before the 3 point line) 2 Guard both my JR and SR years. Tight End went out the window in HS as well.....

You just never know!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Turn too soon and you lose a half step. Most fans don't realize that...
Seem to remember a young Kareem Jackson do this quite a bit as a youngster and give up HUGE TDs and fans ripping him as the worst CB on the team. Yeah, and he signed his second long term NFL contract a couple weeks back. :)

They can get better and will. The way the rules are have significantly affected the DBs most IMO. They are at a tremendous disadvantage in the age of high octane offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Ditto.

Mr. Blutarski, you are simply starved. Period.

Signed,
Dean Wormer
I was in Toronto on business years ago, Cuda, when none other than Dean Vernon Wormer got into the elevator I was on.

Once I got passed my good fortune and incredulity, I tried to summon the courage to utter:

"Daniel Simpson Day: has no Grade Point Average. All courses incomplete..."

But he looked like he'd had a reeeeeeeeeeally rough day on the set, so I chickened out...

A regret with which I live to this day...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I was in Toronto on business years ago, Cuda, when none other than Dean Vernon Wormer got into the elevator I was on.

Once I got passed my good fortune and incredulity, I tried to summon the courage to utter:

"Daniel Simpson Day: has no Grade Point Average. All courses incomplete..."

But he looked like he'd had a reeeeeeeeeeally rough day on the set, so I chickened out...

A regret with which I live to this day...
John Vernon. A fine character actor. Passed away in the early 2000`s, I believe.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I seem to have misplaced my copy of the Spring Practice schedule...

Can someone please steer me in the direction of where it's posted...

Thanks!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Correct, on both counts.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

At least you didn't stick 2 pencils up your nose, when you encountered him. Maybe there is hope for you!
Wasn`t that an absolute classic? I laughed so hard in that movie I thought they were going to throw me out! I know I must have embarrassed the girl I was with. I still can`t watch

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.