2015 Spring Practice Thread

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Practice is about to start. The media is about to make their mad dash across the practice field to give us some updates.

Saban will speak after practice.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@AaronSuttles Running back Tyren Jones and offensive tackle Grant Hill were absent from the first spring practice.

@_DCReeves Media viewing period in the books. Kenyan Drake looks full go. Practice report to follow on TideSports.

@marctorrence Kenyan Drake was running through with the RBs behind Derrick Henry. Hardly looked limited. Incredible recovery.

@marctorrence Johnny Dwight is now a fullback, it seems. He looked... like a converted defensive lineman catching passes.

@marctorrence First O-line looked like Cam Robinson-Alphonse Taylor-Ryan Kelly-Bradley Bozeman-Dominick Jackson

@marctorrence Correction: *Lester Cotton*, 2015 signee from Central down the road, was watching. Betting that'll be a regular sight this spring.

@marctorrence Nick Saban was pretty much running the show with the DBs, with new DBs coach Mel Tucker helped out. Welcome to Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Things I found interesting:

QB: Not about Coker leading the QB teams, but this: " Jacob Coker led the quarterback line followed by Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell and freshman Blake Barnett[FONT=Georgia, serif]." [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Morris 2nd and Bateman 3rd following is Cornwell. I found that real interesting, but it's only Day 1. I expect the order of QB to change by the fall. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]CB: Not suprised, but I wonder how long Jackson will stick to CB?
OL: Grant Hill, I'm real surprised to see him not on the field. He has missed lot of time on the field lately... I wonder if it's medical issue or personal issue... Taylor and Bozeman... That could be real good thing especially with Jackson at RT.

RB: Drake behind Henry isn't surprising, but anything can happen between now and end of spring. Johnny Dwight as Fullback is interesting move.

TE: I didn't see anything on Howard and other prospects for the starting TE?

[/FONT]

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Listening to CNS after the practice, it sounds like He's happy with the way things are with the teams and sounds like the players are hungry. I'm sure RTR will post the quotes here shortly.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I hope Tyren Jones does what he has to do to make an appearance this Spring, otherwise, I'm afraid we may have seen the last of him...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think he may be suspended for the spring camp... but could be back by fall. I think we had a player who was suspended for the whole camp, and came back in the fall?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Things I found interesting:

QB: Not about Coker leading the QB teams, but this: " Jacob Coker led the quarterback line followed by Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell and freshman Blake Barnett[FONT=Georgia, serif]." [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Morris 2nd and Bateman 3rd following is Cornwell. I found that real interesting, but it's only Day 1. I expect the order of QB to change by the fall. [/FONT]

[/COLOR][/FONT]
QB order is exactly how we should have expected it.

Coker - who was second team last yr.
Morris - who was reportedly 3rd team
Bateman - been in program longer than...
Cornwell - who will be red shirt frosh.
Barnett - first day on field

Not that the order matters right now...but I suspect it could look a little different by the end of fall camp.

I just hope that Coker's confidence, which CNS bragged on, translates into him being a little quicker with his reads and release of the ball. It would seem that the job is his to lose at this point.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Man. Do not like Grant and Cyrus being out. Especially Hill. I already have him penciled in as a starter.
Hill has been having health issues for a while. I'd wager he's more likely not going to play than play with lingering problems.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.