2015 Spring Practice Thread

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Sims won the job because his release and decision making was alot quicker at the time for fall scrimmage. It was a close battle, but it had more to do with those two things than anything else.

Im not going to refuel the flames of Coker vs Sims, or start Coker vs Cornwell/ Barnett. Because Im scared if I take a side I might anger sip. Seriously I just dont wanna get into this year with who is going to be our qb because people get ultra emotional about it. I do have a prediction like everyone else, but its probably going to change many many times. So IDK just like everyone else who it is going to be.
You have misunderstood me I think. I wasn't trying to fan the flames of the Coker/Sims debate from last year, but my point is the qb race is "wide open" this year based on CNS's comments about all 5 of our potential qbs.

I don't think many people thought it was "wide open" last year and I do think there was not real separation by Coker so Sims, a fifth year senior, was given his opportunity based on the factors you noted.

All the guys in the race this year are pretty much on equal ground, except Blake Barnett. However, if the "experts" are right his talent level and potential might put him in the conversation too.

We'll see.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I hope the Eddie Jackson at safety test works out. I think he could be a good, hard hitting safety. Tony Brown is our next best DB and could use some reps for experience. We are trying to get the best 4 DB's on the field. not just the best 2 safeties. I'm not sure hootie is ready yet. Geno being questionable really concerns me. We need a field general at safety that can see the whole field and call out coverages.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I hope the Eddie Jackson at safety test works out. I think he could be a good, hard hitting safety. Tony Brown is our next best DB and could use some reps for experience. We are trying to get the best 4 DB's on the field. not just the best 2 safeties. I'm not sure hootie is ready yet. Geno being questionable really concerns me. We need a field general at safety that can see the whole field and call out coverages.
*LIKE*

My impression is that the coaches are working hard with the freshman (Harrison?). That sometimes means that they see real potential. That may be good news on the topic of Safety.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
QBs need to separate themselves...the OL needs to step up. Those two things sound scary when put together.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
Several potential defensive starters did not participate iAllen, Robinson, jones, Devall, Anderson). Despite the lack of starters the defense looked very good. Several tips resulted in interceptions (total 6 or 7 interceptions). Very little separation by the receivers which is a glass half full or half empty. QB's were very inconsistent. Very few running plays involving Henry or Drake. Griffin was much more accurate on field goals. Evans went off the field on the next to last play with some form of wrist injury. Later returned for wind sprints. Jackson played a lot at safety.

Note: Some comments from the line in the men's room. Drake looked quicker and slightly leaner. Several about young players that seamed to play well (Harrison, Hand, Miller, and Williams were mentioned by name). One person commented that they wished Sims had another year of eligibility and several people agreed.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Several potential defensive starters did not participate iAllen, Robinson, jones, Devall, Anderson). Despite the lack of starters the defense looked very good. Several tips resulted in interceptions (total 6 or 7 interceptions). Very little separation by the receivers which is a glass half full or half empty. QB's were very inconsistent. Very few running plays involving Henry or Drake. Griffin was much more accurate on field goals. Evans went off the field on the next to last play with some form of wrist injury. Later returned for wind sprints. Jackson played a lot at safety.

Note: Some comments from the line in the men's room. Drake looked quicker and slightly leaner. Several about young players that seamed to play well (Harrison, Hand, Miller, and Williams were mentioned by name). One person commented that they wished Sims had another year of eligibility and several people agreed.
Blake?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.