Anthony Grant has been fired..

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
This is great news. Should bring excitement back to the program. Keeping grant would have buried the program.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Greg Marshall- Not likely
Archie Miller- Dayton
Steve Prohm

That is my mid major list.

I want a coach who promotes the program, recruits hard and well, and develops players. Maybe there will be a surprise during the search and well get someone [proven at a high level.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't think his stock is very high at the moment. He'll probably have to be an assistant for a year or two before he can get another HC gig.
You might be right - but if so IMO it won't be at Florida. We'll see.

He had his chance at UA and it just didn't work out. Losing record last season and no tourney appearance this year, except the NIT - which is considered a door prize nowadays.

I don't know why he didn't bring the full press high energy game they had at VCU. That will always puzzle me.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Oddly enough I just sent an email to him about 10 minutes before it was announced

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon
I sent him some stats from this site, as well as some others. Without a lot of detail, he pretty much had to read mine, not that I'm saying I was the tipping point, by any means...

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Wow, didn't think they would fire coach Grant! I appreciate coach and wish him nothing but the best. I can't argue this decision, kinda glad our AD had the mojo to make the call. If you look at SMU and what coach Brown is doing I'm not sure I would just look at and expect a young gun coach, could be an old school dude. This is gonna be kinda fun. I think it would be awesome and shake up the state if we called Chuck Person in for a interview just for fun lol.....RTR

B

BroadwayJoe777

What are you peeps talking about when you say Grant will need to take a low rung assistant job for a year or two? What possible basis do you have to even suggest this?
Grant will have NO problem finding a head coaching gig somewhere...Geshhhhhhhhhh AND I am not even a Grant supporter.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Not necessarily as a head coach but i would like to see phillip Pearson back on the staff. I thought he was the lone bright spot on CGM'S staff and actually won a few games for us as interim HC. Pretty solid recruiter too.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Did anyone hear a story about CMG getting caught in the shower with another woman which led to his firing from Bama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.