Anthony Grant has been fired..

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That was never happening and I'm not sure why his name keeps coming up. An assistant basketball coach led to the worst interval ever in Alabama football. Anyone who would believe we would hire a coach under a NCAA show cause just doesn't understand Bama thinking. Or maybe you're just stirring...
I was among those against hiring Pearl and I remain so to this day. With the history that UA has with the NCAA, a coach with those troubles of his own was and is the last thing we need. I also hope the discussion surrounding him ends, and soon.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
First, do we even make the NIT? This was turned around by a barrage of fan sentiment within the last week. The only thing I can compare it to was the fax blitz which gave us Dubose...
I've got a feeling that THIS could end the same way that one did with a lot of $$,$$$,$$$ thrown in the fire!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I've got a feeling that THIS could end the same way that one did with a lot of $$,$$$,$$$ thrown in the fire!
As long as we finish as one of the best 68 teams in the country and make it to the tournament, it's a good decision. Oh and beat UF at least 1 time in 6 years.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There's really not going to be any discussion surrounding him - period...

Edit: The bug edited out the post I was replying to - I mean Pearl. We're going to drop him unless we're playing him...

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Good - I'm tired of continued wallowing an mediocrity. I'm tired of new excuses every year about injuries, grades, whatever. I'm tired of not having any desire to watch Bama basketball as I know we're going to look like we did in Gottfried's last few seasons.

I've a hard time believing we're going to make a hire that makes the team worse.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
What are you peeps talking about when you say Grant will need to take a low rung assistant job for a year or two? What possible basis do you have to even suggest this?
Grant will have NO problem finding a head coaching gig somewhere...Geshhhhhhhhhh AND I am not even a Grant supporter.
I agree. There won't be any major college suitors lining up at his door (at least not upper half, power conferences), but he could have a mid-major gig by the end of the week, if he so chooses.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I was stunned when I heard the news last night. I didn't think the AD would make the necessary decision. Now, I wish Grant the very best, thank him for his efforts, and hope we can find the right man for this job. It is very possible to win and win big at Alabama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'll say this. There are lot of interesting rumors out there of how Battle and some people dealt with the sitaution, and CAG's reaction to it.... I also saw one on BOL from Lucky talking about an interesting tibits on CAG and Battle...

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Andy Katz says that Anthony Grant will not be coaching in the NIT. I wonder which assistant it will be. If we are taking Ben Howland or someone else not currently coaching, we could let them go ahead and let them start coaching now. But we definitely shouldn't rush our decision.

https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz/status/577466701828194305
Andy Katz said:
Anthony Grant (fired Sun) said he wont coach Bama in NIT. He said assistants will coach team. Me: NIT messed up. Should have taken Yale.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
Really going to tease us, and yet give us no information?
I'll say this. There are lot of interesting rumors out there of how Battle and some people dealt with the sitaution, and CAG's reaction to it.... I also saw one on BOL from Lucky talking about an interesting tibits on CAG and Battle...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm not a BOL member, so I can't see all of the posts. But, one person posted that CAG was relieved when he was told he was being let go.
His body language has indicated that he has not been happy here. I have thought for the past 2+ years that he wasn't happy. Plus his name was in the mix for 2 or 3 other jobs which told me that he was looking for an opportunity to leave. IMHO, he should have resigned last year and if he couldn't land a smaller job then be an assistant for a few years before landing another job.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.