New coach search...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
If Brad Stevens leaves the NBA, it will be to go to IU. If IU knows they can get him, Crean is gone.

Prohm and Marshall would be my picks! (Marshall 1st)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We will only owe Grant ~$4M buyout that will be offset by any future earnings. We should still be able to make a very strong monetary offer to our top candidate..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
We will only owe Grant ~$4M buyout that will be offset by any future earnings. We should still be able to make a very strong monetary offer to our top candidate..
The athletic department is running a 20+ million dollar annual surplus now. Now, that doesn't mean Alabama should overpay an unproven coach, but if they can get the right guy? Money shouldn't be the issue.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Hope we can hold on to Dazon Ingram..
Read an article where he said he was shocked about grant being fired and said the coaches were the main reason he chose Alabama....he said he will have to sit down with parents and make a decision

Edit: day-day beat me to it lol

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
We may lose a player or two but chances are that we would lost a player or two anyway due to transfers. Any new coach will have a rough first year while he gets his roster worked out. If we make the right hire then it will all work out and losing a player or two now will be meaningless in 2-3 years.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Prohm doesn't excite me at all. He's in only his fourth year as a head coach. He has exactly one NCAA tournament win. At this point, I don't see him as an upgrade, more like Gottfried and Grant, verse 3. That said, should he become our coach I'll be one of his biggest fans.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
My list in order is

1. Gregg Marshall
2. Ben howland
3. Josh pastner
4. Archie miller/Steve prohm/ Michael white

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
Hope we can hold on to Dazon Ingram..
Someone in the know help me out. From the articles I've seen our recruiting class is not that strong, so how bad of a loss would this be?

I have aver seen our class rated very low. AU is way ahead of us. Maybe a new guy can do much better?

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Are guys like Mark Few and Jay Wright untouchable? If not why can't we go after someone that is really proven. We have already went the rising midmajor route, so why don't we go big this time?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Are guys like Mark Few and Jay Wright untouchable? If not why can't we go after someone that is really proven. We have already went the rising midmajor route, so why don't we go big this time?
I've seen Jay Wright's name mentioned on another forum. Apparently his salary is not very high and the thought is that we could dangle a big salary increase and lure him away. If that is true I'd probably put him in the plan 1b category along with (and perhaps ahead of) Ben Howland. I would at least inquire about Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall first.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
My candidates in no particular order:Josh Pateur, Archie Miller, BenHowland, Patrick Ewing, Kenny Payne UK assistant! Greg Marshall and Tom Crean if let go at IU? Mark Few from Gonzaga, is a west coast guy born and raised. I would be shocked if he would consider coming south. I do not know anything about Jay Wright to state an opinion.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.