New coach search...

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I just want to clarify for everyone that it is Tom Crean, not Tom Cream. And yes, IU fans hate him, however he exceeded expectations for this year. It was expected to be a rebuilding year for IU and they still made it into the tourney while still spending most of the year ranked. Their tailspin at the end of the year didn't help his case, but I think he's safe at IU for another year at least since he made the tournament.

Also, Gregg Marshall most likely isn't leaving Wichita State unless a Duke, Kansas, or UCLA type team comes calling. He's built a stacked group at Wichita State, and I doubt he'd take a step back to leave even if the money is good.
Was Marshall considered for the UCLA job the last time it came open? I don't know, just asking. Doing an internet search on his current salary if correct, he's making $1.75 mil per year. Would he come for $3 mil a year? I had heard on a Bama podcast a few weeks ago that Missouri pursued him last year. He wanted $3 mil a year, Mizzou did not want to pay that.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Was Marshall considered for the UCLA job the last time it came open? I don't know, just asking. Doing an internet search on his current salary if correct, he's making $1.75 mil per year. Would he come for $3 mil a year? I had heard on a Bama podcast a few weeks ago that Missouri pursued him last year. He wanted $3 mil a year, Mizzou did not want to pay that.
The Koch brothers apparently will make Marshall a tough pull. They'll pay him off the athletic dept books if necessary to keep him there. I suspect they do already so it would be interesting to see if they could get more than passing interest from Marshall. He has his program in great shape so taking on what will be a rebuilding job may not appeal to him as well.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
For the sake of Peter and mary, Stop bringing up Bruce Pearl! We need to stop worrying about him and Auburn and focus on our program. we do not to hire a coach to compete with Bruce Pearl. We need a coach that will coach up our players and win games.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
"Ben Howland fits the criteria of the job."

I wasn't aware any criteria had been released by CBB?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For the sake of Peter and mary, Stop bringing up Bruce Pearl! We need to stop worrying about him and Auburn and focus on our program. we do not to hire a coach to compete with Bruce Pearl. We need a coach that will coach up our players and win games.
We don't need to worry about what our in-state rival is doing? We don't need to worry about one of main competitions is doing? Really?

We need to hire a coach that can win.
We need to hire a coach that can compete in the SEC.
We need to hire a coach that makes Alabama basketball the basketball program in the state.

Therefore, we do have to look at what is happening at Auburn to make sure we hire a guy that does more than what is happening there.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You forgot Paaawl, with Peter and Mary.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I just want to clarify for everyone that it is Tom Crean, not Tom Cream. And yes, IU fans hate him, however he exceeded expectations for this year. It was expected to be a rebuilding year for IU and they still made it into the tourney while still spending most of the year ranked. Their tailspin at the end of the year didn't help his case, but I think he's safe at IU for another year at least since he made the tournament.

Also, Gregg Marshall most likely isn't leaving Wichita State unless a Duke, Kansas, or UCLA type team comes calling. He's built a stacked group at Wichita State, and I doubt he'd take a step back to leave even if the money is good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw someone mention Brad Underwood at Stephen F. Austin. He's 61-7 in his two years there.

They have a RPI of 35 this year.
Averaged 79.5 points per game this year (9th nationally).
Ranked first in the nation with 17.8 assists per game.
Ranked fifth nationally with 49.1% FG percentage.
Averaged 34.8 rebounds per game (155th).

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
None of the above (Howland possibly excepted) - remember the mantra "Nationwide search...nationwide search...nationwide search."

Pearson, either - "Nationwide search...nationwide search...nationwide search." NOT a former assistant who could be booked into T-town on the 4:11 Greyhound out of Athens.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The article linked above makes me smile. Ii just wish it was Alabama he was talking about. Man has his priorities in order.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Is Mike Davis really a candidate? If we were going to hire him, we might as well have kept Grant. Also not too crazy about Richard Pitino. He really hasn't proven anything yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.