New coach search...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I swear if we settle for another coach's son again...ugh

I'm trying not to panic, I really am. It's just difficult at this point because I feel like we threw everything we had at Marshall and he still said no. What does that say about our program?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If we did indeed offer north of $4million, then I applaud BB's efforts. Given his accomplishments and resume, that was more than a fair amount to offer GM.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The potential is what makes it a upgrade. Wichita was nothing before Marshall got there except a baseball school.
You guys are losing sight of what WSU or Bama basketball happened to be in the past doesn't really matter in terms of the state of the two programs today. Marshall took WSU to the final four and had a #1 seed and an undefeated regular season in the past couple years. Please don't say there's is no way he can win a national championship at WSU..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
A while back, I said I wasn't sure if he's going to come to Alabama.. now after losing some of HC candidates... who do we have left? We're not getting Smart... Texas is on way to pick him up right now... So who? we wasted two weeks...Archie Miller? No. It might have to be Pintino or something new... This whole thing has been a mess... But Kudo to Battle for going all in on one guy.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm just glad that this roller coaster is finally over, to be quite honest. Now, I say we give Shaka a call right now and try to make a last minute push for him. If that doesn't pan out, then what about Buzz Williams? Apparently we've been "in contact" with him as well, according to Jason King.
Buzz has never impressed me. It looked like a desperation move to go from Marquette to VT and now he may be looking to move again this quickly after accomplishing nothing?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You guys are losing sight of what WSU or Bama basketball happened to be in the past doesn't really matter in terms of the state of the two programs today. Marshall took WSU to the final four and had a #1 seed and an undefeated regular season in the past couple years. Please don't say there's is no way he can win a national championship at WSU..
Not saying it's impossible but mid-majors by definition don't/can't have sustained success. People always bring up Gonzaga but what have they really done? They're the Boise State of basketball.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
A while back, I said I wasn't sure if he's going to come to Alabama.. now after losing some of HC candidates... who do we have left? We're not getting Smart... Texas is on way to pick him up right now... So who? we wasted two weeks...Archie Miller? No. It might have to be Pintino or something new... This whole thing has been a mess... But Kudo to Battle for going all in on one guy.
I think Cecil's intimation is accurate. #2 will be sloppy seconds so in my opinion we're likely to fall much lower (than we'd otherwise like) down the list of candidates.

bamafan157

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 22, 2008
Tuscaloosa
My question is, how can WSU justify paying that much for a coach? Even if the Kochs are covering the increase (likely), why is it worth it to them to fork over 14 million dollars or so when they have pretty much reached their ceiling?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not saying it's impossible but mid-majors by definition don't/can't have sustained success. People always bring up Gonzaga but what have they really done? They're the Boise State of basketball.
My original point was that WSU is a better basketball program today than Alabama. There are around 40 division 1 basketball programs that have potential to be great. Very few of those programs will realize their potential because of various factors..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.