New coach search...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
That was quick ;)

But the support will be there so it's all good. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we hire him I'll support him. Never denied that. And as I've said more than once, I think he's an outstanding coach.
But I think he has done a lousy job of handling this situation and I think it truly had an effect on his team last night.
Notre Dame is good, that's true, but WSU looked as flat as a pancake.
I also think we've done a pretty lousy job as well by allowing someone to leak out that we were going to make a strong push for him.
Hopefully it will all turn out for the best, but this whole scenario has been a little out of whack from the get go.
I mean imagine this....."Espn reports that Bama AD Mal Moore plans to fly to Miami tonight and that he doesn't plan on coming back until he hires Miami Dolphins Coach Nick Saban".

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If anyone is interested the 1992 SEC Championship game is on SEC Network. #Bazza
Ha - that was a great game! Sorry I missed it but was watching BB.

I hope to see Florida get competitive again with our new coaching staff so we can resume those classic battles with Alabama every year.

Back to the coaching search.....

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
After tonight, and the way he's "blah blah blahed" about how big of an offer it's gonna take, I think we should tell him thank you and goodbye. This guy, (Go back in my posts) doesn't deserve the money we were talking about paying him.
I don't want him to be our coach and never have. Will I support him if he's hired? Yes.
We can do better.
He lost me when he went public and addressed the offer from us, or the possibility of an offer from us.
People say they "admire him" for his honesty.
His players didn't. He blew them out of the water. He was THEIR coach. Then he "maybe" was.
I think he's BS and NO, I don't want him.
sip
What an eccentric performance.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Tyndall out at Tennessee. The talking heads already casting aspersions on the "fit" of Marshall at Alabama and that Marshall would be much better off and find greater success at UT.

Guess we really are the "evil empire" of the SEC.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I said it. I found out some of the things CMS did, I was against the firing.

I went back and read some of the threads from when CNS was hired. (I wasn't a part of tidefans back then) (wish I was) if I had a dollar for everytime I read Saban ain't coming! This sounds very similar!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If we hire him I'll support him. Never denied that. And as I've said more than once, I think he's an outstanding coach.
But I think he has done a lousy job of handling this situation and I think it truly had an effect on his team last night.
Notre Dame is good, that's true, but WSU looked as flat as a pancake.
I also think we've done a pretty lousy job as well by allowing someone to leak out that we were going to make a strong push for him.
Hopefully it will all turn out for the best, but this whole scenario has been a little out of whack from the get go.
I mean imagine this....."Espn reports that Bama AD Mal Moore plans to fly to Miami tonight and that he doesn't plan on coming back until he hires Miami Dolphins Coach Nick Saban".
In today's Facebook/ twitter world things are going to leak unless only one person knows what is going on and he keeps it to himself. Battle has not once announced what his intentions are, but between agents with their own agenda and media who want to one up each other these things are going to get out. It is a plain fact of life now.

I hope a deal is done, but he has turned down good schools before. I think he wants the job here, but he is, as he should be, a family man 1st and he wants his family to weigh in with their thoughts. I think he wants to think of what effect it would have on his family. If he doesn't come here, it is not the end of the world. We'll get a good coach, it just may be someone who hasn't established a reputation yet.

I hear Brando thinks we will only be able to hire an inter-mural coach. Have I said he is an idiot, if I haven't just for the record, "Brando is an idiot".

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
In today's Facebook/ twitter world things are going to leak unless only one person knows what is going on and he keeps it to himself. Battle has not once announced what his intentions are, but between agents with their own agenda and media who want to one up each other these things are going to get out. It is a plain fact of life now.

I hope a deal is done, but he has turned down good schools before. I think he wants the job here, but he is, as he should be, a family man 1st and he wants his family to weigh in with their thoughts. I think he wants to think of what effect it would have on his family. I he doesn't come here, it is not the end of the world. We'll get a good coach, it just may be someone who hasn't established a reputation yet.

I hear Brando thinks we will only be able to hire an inter-mural coach. Have I said he is an idiot, if I haven't just for the record, "Brando is an idiot".
You can never say, "Brando is an idiot," too much. If you've said it before on the record, just keep saying it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tyndall out at Tennessee. The talking heads already casting aspersions on the "fit" of Marshall at Alabama and that Marshall would be much better off and find greater success at UT.

Guess we really are the "evil empire" of the SEC.
@GaryParrishCBS Lots asking about Gregg Marshall-Tennessee. Simply put, that’s ridiculous. UT should be thinking more along the lines of Brad Underwood.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw someone make a good point about why Marshall shouldn't like the Texas job if it does open. Battle reportedly is offering a similar setup to Saban with no AD interference while Patterson reportedly told Barnes to make changes within the staff. Which one sounds more appealing?

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
After tonight, and the way he's "blah blah blahed" about how big of an offer it's gonna take, I think we should tell him thank you and goodbye. This guy, (Go back in my posts) doesn't deserve the money we were talking about paying him.
I don't want him to be our coach and never have. Will I support him if he's hired? Yes.
We can do better.
He lost me when he went public and addressed the offer from us, or the possibility of an offer from us.
People say they "admire him" for his honesty.
His players didn't. He blew them out of the water. He was THEIR coach. Then he "maybe" was.
I think he's BS and NO, I don't want him.
sip
I see lots of description of a perceived "problem" on how he addressed the questions he was expectedly bombarded with. But no solutions.

Do tell, how would you have handled this, time after time? I mean, the guy can't ignore his media responsibilities, during Sweet 16/Elite 8 week!

You didn't like his "honesty". So, you prefer a lie? Or a "no comment", which really is a comment to the media?

Tell, me, what is a "win" here for him, besides what he might tell his players behind closed doors?

Could it be that they lost last night, simply because the Irish were the better team last night?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
The talking heads already casting aspersions on the "fit" of Marshall at Alabama and that Marshall would be much better off and find greater success at UT.
Which UT? - and would his finding greater success at either be because neither of them is a "football school" anymore?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The talking heads at the SEC network and ESPN for basketball are mostly UT grads so ignore anything they say. Of course they think Marshall should go there. UT has outdated facilities over most of their sports. UT has failed to keep up and are so far behind it is pitiful.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The local talking heads all agree that utk will not make an offer like BAMA is making for Marshall.

Utk has money issues, they can't afford Marshall. Most think they'll at least kick the tires and see if Rick Byrd can be swayed to leave Belmont (doubtful), and from there, it's anyone's guess which mid-to-lower-level guy they'll court

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Marshall has handled the media as well as he could. I had issues with the comments because they weren't the norm. Normally, a coach denies or deflects and then ends up leaving anyway.

Let me ask you which is better for the players. The coach is honest, like Marshall has been, and maybe the players are a little let down and they lose a game they were going to lose anyway (Notre Dame is probably the second best team in the country at the moment). Or, the coach lies, denies, deflects, and then leaves after the players bought in to his staying.

If I were a player, I know which one I'd prefer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.