New coach search...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
On tiderinsider they are saying that per Jerry Meyer at 247 Sports, Barnes is in talks with Tennessee.
Smart move by them and really one of the scenarios I was afraid of (when it looked like Alabama could be on the outside looking in when it came to Marshall). The SEC is loading up on proven coaches, Howland at Miss. State, Pearl at Auburn, Barnes at Tennessee, things could get interesting.

And this is exactly why I said what I said in the first place. The thread was going in the direction of fans discussing Greg Marshall and his radio show being cancelled tonight. Then, you posted a post about Texas fans' expectations for Rick Barnes.
Heh, I'm not exactly one to follow directions of any sort. I tend to argue the case for unpopular stuff, ya know, against the playoff, for Blake Sims... I don't see the point is just saying or agreeing with what everyone else is saying. :biggrin:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
There were 2 return flight plans, one would arrive back in B'ham at 3:xx and another arriving at 7:xx which I think is normal practice. If the meeting ran late then they can cancel the first flight plan and use the second.
There are two: One scheduled at 2:00 pm and another at 2:10 pm. (?) Both arriving back in the 3:20-30 pm range. Nothing showing a evening arrival.

Never mind: You're correct. I went to the detail.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Any ideas on a timetable one way or another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I predicted we'd have him by page 107. It's already page 113. Alasippi probably didn't use his Brylcreem like he was supposed to. So, I'm out of the prediction game.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
So, CBB is not using N1UA?? He's flying common carrier? That makes no sense. As for trying to track N1UA, you can forget it. It's blocked by the FFA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think we would need at least a week to recover after losing (CGM -which I dont think we do), before even thinking about going after Barnes. Not saying he's bad, but right now we're a lil hungrier than fast food.
He's agreeing to a deal with Tennessee today, so it doesn't matter.

So, CBB is not using N1UA?? He's flying common carrier? That makes no sense. As for trying to track N1UA, you can forget it. It's blocked by the FFA.
The thought is he's using a private plane owned by a booster.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Well, I predicted we'd have him by page 107. It's already page 113. Alasippi probably didn't use his Brylcreem like he was supposed to. So, I'm out of the prediction game.
If it wasn't for me talking about Barnes we'd have had him by page 107. I apologize. :frown:

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I say we just "fan out". Operatives cover all major airports within a 100 mile radius of Tuscaloosa and Wichita. We'll get to the bottom of this.
Has anyone actually gone to Marshall's house to try to get photos - like the UF folks did when Foley was meeting with CJM? If so, that should be the first option.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.