New coach search...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
People are starting to get antsy, but I think we would be silly to go from Marshal to Richard Pitino as our second choice. My goodness. At least take a shot at Miller or one of the guys who have had extended success.

rtr

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Forde is obviously campaigning for Pitino Jr, probably on behalf of Pitino Sr. Here is some info from his Wikipedia page that I found interested:

Forde is a native of Colorado Springs, Colorado. He currently lives in Louisville with his wife Tricia and their three children.[1] He played high school football for Gary Barnett during his sophomore and junior years (1980–81) at Air Academy High School in Colorado Springs.[2][3] He is a 1987 graduate of the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri.

Work[edit]

The Courier-Journal[edit]

Forde began his career in 1987 working as a journalist for The Courier-Journal, where his writing won numerous awards.[4] He initially worked there as a beat reporter and then spent 12 years writing a column.

Book on Rick Pitino[edit]

In 2008, Forde served as the co-author for the University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino's Rebound Rules: The Art of Success 2.0.
[5]

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm little lost to what's going on... but I hope CSS is playing his cards right.. to the point where he's in a discussion with alabama. We've spent lot of time on CGM and I think it's time to start exploring different opportunities... I honestly thought he would at least decide today...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm little lost to what's going on... but I hope CSS is playing his cards right.. to the point where he's in a discussion with alabama. We've spent lot of time on CGM and I think it's time to start exploring different opportunities... I honestly thought he would at least decide today...
Patience. Battle gave Marshall an offer yesterday. It hasn't been 24 hrs since he left Wichita. These things takes time.

JayRock

3rd Team
Feb 10, 2004
hueytown, al, usa
Which points back to what Earle posted yesterday. Perhaps Smart is slow-playing UT in hopes that Marshall turns us down.
I like Marshall, but I absolutely love how animated and excitable Smart is on the sidelines. I truly believe that is what it's going to take to energize our fan base and pack Coleman again.

KittyKatKiller

3rd Team
Mar 3, 2011
You say that like the only college options for his kids are where he's employed.
Alabama is better than KSU and KU also, sure he could go out of state, but that is my point. If you were offered 4 million, with a kid graduating High School and one kid in 9th grade, the perfect time to move would be this year. Wherever the kid starts college CGM probably will still be close to that college in 4 years time, not a fast fact of course, but since his family factors in I say if he doesn't move this year, he probably never will, that was the gist. The timing for him is now, or probably never.

Either way, good luck to him. If not him, for 3.4-4.2 we are going to get a good coach from somewhere. People need to understand this and relax.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Just to add some reality to this discussion, here are the attendance figures from last season. Bear in mind that Alabama had a horrible year, and the Shockers went undefeated through the regular season:
"35. Alabama 17 1 82,825 10,754
36. Wichita St. 17 182,452 10,732"

So, how on earth can they argue they have better fan support?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.