New coach search...

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
It's done dude, TX AD is there to pick him up and take him to Texas. Smart is calling ateam meeting to tell the boys BYE! I'm feeling more and more that our next coach is someone we have mentioned yet!

@HamiltonESPN · 2h 2 hours ago

For those following: #Texas AD Steve Patterson has arrived in Richmond, Va. to meet with #VCU HC Shaka Smart. @GoodmanESPN

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
And so she walked out of our lives forever.

It's done dude, TX AD is there to pick him up and take him to Texas. Smart is calling ateam meeting to tell the boys BYE! I'm feeling more and more that our next coach is someone we have mentioned yet!

@HamiltonESPN · 2h 2 hours ago

For those following: #Texas AD Steve Patterson has arrived in Richmond, Va. to meet with #VCU HC Shaka Smart. @GoodmanESPN

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Unless each student has 5 Ben Franklins on them to give to CSS, it ain't gonna work!

One last stand from the VCU fans, they've been through this before.

@8NEWS

#VCU students will rally tonight at Siegel Center in show of support for Coach #ShakaSmart:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Well, it's all silent after the loss of CSS. No April's fools jokes available on the 2nd........so I guess WE WAIT!

*"Saddle Brown" is the official Tidefans color for "BOREDOM"!

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
One that competes with the other top teams in america not just the SEC.
Our expectations of our basketball program are not nearly what they are for our football team...but they should be. It seems the mindset of a lot of our fans is that as long as we get a "good" coach that produces a "solid" program we're good to go. If we had that attitude about our football team, well, we'd be Georgia. When RichRod turned down $2m what did MM do? He "doubled down" and hired CNS for $4m. Now BB is in the same boat. What's he gonna do? "Go "all in" or "fold". But this is basketball, and we're not nearly as committed to them as we are football. Until we commit the resources we need in both coaching and facilities to make Bama a "destination" job, we'll only be a "stepping stone". As long as our goals are to make the "dance" and be better than Auburn, we should do like Alassippi said and just hire a good young coach, spin the wheel, and hope for the best. Do I like having to commit all these resources? No. But I don't like paying $3 a gallon for gas either, but it's necessary...that's just the way things are these days. We'll see how "committed" we are in the next few days.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Let's just hire Avery Johnson and get it over with [emoji16]
Avery does seem to be a very nice guy, very intelligent, was an excellent basketball player, and I thought he was a good NBA coach. Can he recruit? I don't know. Can he teach the game to college kids? I don't know. Does he have a grasp of the NCAA rules so that we don't violate any? I don't know. I think he could be an effective leader. He is an effective communicator on ESPN. Is he just an NBA guy? I don't know.

Just met him once at a work-out facility. He seems to be a very friendly person.

To me he'd be as good as any of the left-overs that we could be dealing with currently although I don't know what Coach Battle's game plan is.

I still am confident that Coach Battle will get the job done and hire someone who will take Bama to the next level.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I have no idea what they are thinking from here. Just do it soon so this year won't be a total write off year. It was clearly the correct choice to get rid of Grant, but we've made an absolute mess of this search. Battle let too much out with the search when Marshall was the target so I guess he will let nothing out on this one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.