New coach search...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Ya'll are too sentimental. I have no problem pulling up the stakes and going somewhere different if it means a better quality of life for me and my Family. Facebook is for friends far away!

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...hes-making-over-dollar25m/ss-AAajkd9#image=17

Here you go. A list of highest paid college bball coaches. There are quite a few making less than what we have purportedly offered Marshall.
Yep, we should've went in with our "guns blazing", and offered $6m to Izzo (a 2m per year raise) or Stevens (a 2.3m raise) and went down from there if they said no. We'd be in the same boat anyway. I'd a whole lot rather have one of them for $6m than Marshall for $4m. Since we don't wanna run with the big dogs, I guess we better get back on the porch.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I'll say this, if CGM is allowing WSU the opportunity to see what they can come up with then I respect the man for that kind of loyalty. That would make me feel a lot better about him being our coach should he decide to come here. I also respect him for potentially placing family ahead of money. A lot of people don't understand that because to a lot of people money is all that matters in life. Yeah, you have to have it to pay the bills but it ain't the end all be all.
I really don't think CGM or any other coach who we may choose to hire as the next bball coach would "play second fiddle" to CNS and football if that coach builds the program and has a bit of success at Alabama if for no other reason than CNS showing that he supports these other sports and has said on many occasions that Alabama should strive to make all athletic programs be as successful as they can be.
I'm not sure why so many on here are in nuke meltdown mode. I would rather have a coach come here who wants to be here and his family wants to be here and who shows loyalty and consideration for those who have been good to him instead of just jumping to the next team in a couple of years simply just for more money. If he's waiting a few more days to see what his current employer can come up with or for his family to be certain that they want to be here then so be it. Better a happy coach/family to put their all in to it than be looking to jump ship in a couple of years because of "Buyer's Remorse".

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Im not suprised that Forde didnt report this 12 hours ago when the first reports of this came out. I swear Forde is the Yahoo equivalent of a Geraldo rivera and Glenn Beck child. He reports the most obscure stories and either shots the gun or gets very gun shy on reporting stories

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If marshall and family are willing to take a trip, that speaks volumes
As I've said before, we have a good chance if he looks around. The WSU board made fun of my earlier comment about him hitting a glass ceiling, but the fact is will they ever be a 1 seed?. Gonzaga has been a much more successful mad major for a longer period of time and they topped out as a 2 seed this year. The odds of WSU winning a national championship is almost infinitesimal. For all the talk of mid majors when is the last time one won a championship? Alabama has won national championships in Softball, Gymnastics, men's and women's golf and of course football all in the last 10 years. If Marshall wants to win championships, he needs to be in a power conference and he knows it.

There is no way they match our offer just on their own money. The Koch's would have to underwrite it, but again what happens if he has an off year. Are they going to write a 2 or 3 million dollar check on a down year. The SEC network assure him we'll never have a money issue.

Last edited:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
An addition to my last post: We really have no idea what ADBB has going on the back burner as plan B or C. Let's just wait it out and see what happens. It's better to lose one season than to forever wallow in mediocrity.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As I've said before, we have a good chance if he looks around. The WSU board made fun of my earlier comment about him hitting a glass ceiling, but the fact is will they ever be a 1 seed?. Gonzaga has been a much more successful mad major for a longer period of time and they topped out as a 2 seed this year. The odds of WSU winning a national championship is almost infinitesimal. For all the talk of mid majors when is the last time one won a championship? Alabama has won national championships in Softball, Gymnastics, men's and women's golf and of course football all in the last 10 years. If Marshall wants to win championships, he needs to be in a power conference and he knows it.

There is now way they match our offer just on their own money. The Koch's would have to underwrite it, but again what happens if he has an off year. Are they going to write a 2 or 3 million dollar check on a down year. The SEC network assure him we'll never have a money issue.
I agree with most of your thinking, but the Zags have secured a #1 seed before...bowing out in the second round to who? That's right, the Shockers of WSU in 2013.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Someone Joked about the Sabans getting involved. We are rolling out the carpet the china the silver and the kitchen sink. This could still happen.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If marshall and family are willing to take a trip, that speaks volumes
Many schools have Good Friday as a holiday. I did not see a holiday for Good Friday for Wichita Public Schools. Maybe they are enrolled in a private or parochial school. I don't know.

However, it could be they are waiting until after school on Friday to visit Tuscaloosa. CGM and wife may not want their children to miss classes. So, I understand a weekend visit then to the Final Four after that. Will they miss school on Monday for the Final Deuce?

So, maybe we need to be patient or as someone who always seems in "the know" for football said earlier, he is not coming to T-town.

Coach Battle, I will coach the Crimson Tide basketball team for a lot less than what, $4.2 million. In fact, I'll do it for room and board and some wheels and gas that will get me from point A to point B so that I can get to work and also recruit. However, I will place on my resume that I am OLD but not as OLD as you. I must also place on the resume that I am in early stages of dementia or at least CRS.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Many schools have Good Friday as a holiday. I did not see a holiday for Good Friday for Wichita Public Schools. Maybe they are enrolled in a private or parochial school. I don't know.

However, it could be they are waiting until after school on Friday to visit Tuscaloosa. CGM and wife may not want their children to miss classes. So, I understand a weekend visit then to the Final Four after that. Will they miss school on Monday for the Final Deuce?

So, maybe we need to be patient or as someone who always seems in "the know" for football said earlier, he is not coming to T-town.

Coach Battle, I will coach the Crimson Tide basketball team for a lot less than what, $4.2 million. In fact, I'll do it for room and board and some wheels and gas that will get me from point A to point B so that I can get to work and also recruit. However, I will place on my resume that I am OLD but not as OLD as you. I must also place on the resume that I am in early stages of dementia or at least CRS.
Its also being reported on al.com. That's why I started my message with "If" and "willing", things happen fluently but I think whether the schools are out due to holiday or not, a trip to Tuscaloosa for the family would be something they would want anyway if you're looking at a potential move. If the family is as split or torn on the decision as we think, asking your kids to take that trip would seem logical to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.