New coach search...

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Then when is CNS's time to pay the piper cuz he does the same thing every two years. It's called smart business on CGM's part for giving him the two things he wanted: a raise and the ability to remain where he is happy. I know this news stinks but lets not go around and put curses on people because they played bb because they saw desperation and opportunity when he got off the plane.

Rtr SNASS
I agree 100%. We have the absolute best college football coach in the game today. It would be nice to have a top coach in basketball but there is no denying the fact that football is the king at Alabama. Honestly, who cares what the basketball team does as long as the football team is winning championships. ROLL TIDE.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I just can't believe that we let this drag on for two weeks and didn't contact anyone else to pressure this guy. He is just a name, there are others that know the same X's and O's. You can talk about family input .... Blah, blah, blah, but it became obvious that we couldn't put enough money in front of this guy and he was never coming.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
You are not kidding. It looks like amateur hour in T-town right now...
I think Coach Battle tried to do what Mal Moore did in Miami and he struck out on three consecutive fast balls. Or did CMG throw him three curve balls.

Whoever we get, he should be required to schedule WSU! If you lose to WSU, you will be fired with "0" compensation.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I just can't believe that we let this drag on for two weeks and didn't contact anyone else to pressure this guy. He is just a name, there are others that know the same X's and O's.
This is what bothers me. He could be our top choice all along, but to have all our eggs in one basket is amateur to say the least. Then to put out a press release afterwards, wow. It looks like a joke, and makes things really tough going forward.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Coach Battle tried to do what Mal Moore did in Miami and he struck out on three consecutive fast balls. Or did CMG throw him three curve balls.

Whoever we get, he should be required to schedule WSU! If you lose to WSU, you will be fired with "0" compensation.
Why should he be fired? It's not his fault that we let this guy lead us on.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Why should he be fired? It's not his fault that we let this guy lead us on.
I have zero problem with Gregg Marshall. Maybe he never planned to come, maybe he wanted to hear Bama out. It doesn't matter to me. He had his salary doubled and will stay "home" for the next several years. We're just ticked off because we look like idiots. That's not his fault either way.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
You are not kidding. It looks like amateur hour in T-town right now...
Bill Battle is an amateur AD......a presser to announce you didnt get your guy????? WTH is wrong with Battle....I thought he was some big time business man.....he is way out his league. Even the women's hire was questionable.....the first person that showed interest he hired. Now this mess....

He could have hired Howland the day after Grant was fired......and that guy is a good coach as good or better than Marshall. Kudos to Sloppy State.

He got played by an experienced player....Marshall hs played several schools, and even accepted a job once, did the press conference for the hiring, then changed his mind and went back to his old school. A little research Bill, you would have seen you were being played.

Bama will probably end up keeping it in the family and hire Prohm, and bring in Pearson and keep Pettway.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree 100%. We have the absolute best college football coach in the game today. It would be nice to have a top coach in basketball but there is no denying the fact that football is the king at Alabama. Honestly, who cares what the basketball team does as long as the football team is winning championships. ROLL TIDE.
Even allowing for the fact you're brand new, your post is out of place on the BB board. All of us are here because we care about the basketball program, which you apparently don't. Keep remarks like this to the football board or I will take action...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I don't see Battle's release as a big deal. Is there anyone who was even remotely following our coaching search, or college basketball in general for that matter, that was unaware we were pursuing CGM? There was no hiding that he was our top choice, so the announcement wasn't breaking news nor did it reveal anything that wasn't already known. Will be interesting to see where we go from here.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Probably should've called the wsu ad on Friday from the plane and told him, " He's yours."

Seriously, there's no way Battle keeps going if he doesn't think that there was a chance. He has business instincts I would think. Maybe it's just a little different in hiring a coach.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.