New coach search...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In my business my family and I move about every 3 years.. and a few times we have had to move 14 months later. in 23 years I have moved 11 times and that does not include me (deploying) moving those times without my family and the moves of different jobs but just the same location. Its not always fun, but we have gotten used to it--but it also can be exciting sometimes with a change. Some of those moves have been huge. Colorado to germany was a big one. Germany to California even bigger. South Carolina to Belgium, pretty big. Belgium to Germany not too bad......but this last one was huge. Germany to Hawaii. Now that was my biggest move. Alabama to Kentucky, to Indiana, to Colorado, to Wurzburg Germany to California to South Carolina to Belgium to Baumholder GM, to Kaiserslautern GM, to Wiesbaden GM to Hawaii.

Now all of that moving does not count my personal moves (long Temp duty or deployments) to Washington D.C (5 months), Bosnia (12 months), Iraq (15 and 12 months) Qatar (9 months) and Afghanistan (6 months and 12 months) .

So moving is just a thing. LOL! I get it, I am tired, but dont know how I am going to act when I retire and settle on a place to live. I will be looking around after 2-3 years and wonder why we are not moving.
OK, I'm not impressed with Wiesbaden to Kaiserslautern. That's just up the road. You ever been to Pirmasens, where the railroad literally ends? :D

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
It's my understanding he was given control of the program, major bucks and 4.2ish and a 6 year deal...I've heard its a done deal but you can't spend the money until the name is on the dotted line. Hope to see him in TTown on Wednesday!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If you consider that their arena is packed for every game and ours is about 2/3 full . . .
Agreed.
Right now, I think we're not being objective at all if we think basketball at Bama is as big as basketball at Wichita State.
No way.
This is a huge thread. That's because we're looking for a new coach.
I've particpated in game threads of three pages or less this season, when the arena was half full or less.
And if I'm not mistaken, we started out the season pretty good, like 11-3 or something.
We may have had over 10,000 at the Wichita State game earlier this season. That only left about 5,000 empty seats.
If I'm Greg Marshall, I see that, and I use it in comparison when weighing the job factors.
I think the only way he will take the job is if he really and truly wants to take on the huge challenge of making Alabama legitimate in Basketball again, the challenge of knowing that it's a complete rebuilding project, and that it will take two to three years minimum in order to see very much success.
I hope he accepts, but we need to lose this attitude of, "How could he possibly turn us down"?
How can he? Easily.
He has it made where he is, unless he can't make it on 2 million a year.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
That kind of reminds me of the Rich Rod situation though. Impatience nearly cost Alabama a shot at Saban. Alabama does need to have a #2 in mind, they do need to know their options, but Gregg (or 3G is it?) needs to be the focus. They just can't do it forever, if this gets drawn out too long they have to read that as a lack of interest.
With all due respect, comparing this to the Rich Rod/Saban situation isn't viable. Saban was the target all along, but his availability was on a different timetable that CRR. In today's case, being "over-patient" means some possible targets are taken off the table. As an example, suppose CSS is our second target. Even if he preferred our job, he can't afford to slow play UT for a week and still have a chance at landing it. Barnes is already off the board due to our process - if he was a viable candidate. Duke, Kentucky, Carolina, etc. can take their time because they have what we had in going after CNS - tradition, resources, and opportunity.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Agreed.

Agreed.
Right now, I think we're not being objective at all if we think basketball at Bama is as big as basketball at Wichita State.
No way.
This is a huge thread. That's because we're looking for a new coach.
I've particpated in game threads of three pages or less this season, when the arena was half full or less.
And if I'm not mistaken, we started out the season pretty good, like 11-3 or something.
We may have had over 10,000 at the Wichita State game earlier this season. That only left about 5,000 empty seats.
If I'm Greg Marshall, I see that, and I use it in comparison when weighing the job factors.
I think the only way he will take the job is if he really and truly wants to take on the huge challenge of making Alabama legitimate in Basketball again, the challenge of knowing that it's a complete rebuilding project, and that it will take two to three years minimum in order to see very much success.
I hope he accepts, but we need to lose this attitude of, "How could he possibly turn us down"?
How can he? Easily.
He has it made where he is, unless he can't make it on 2 million a year.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
It's just really starting to be clear, CGM is simply waiting on Texas. With Texas contacting Brad Stevens and Shaka Smart, it shows they are the big domino most are waiting on, and I would bet including CGM. Guess it's crazy if you're a Texas fan about now!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
It's just really starting to be clear, CGM is simply waiting on Texas. With Texas contacting Brad Stevens and Shaka Smart, it shows they are the big domino most are waiting on, and I would bet including CGM. Guess it's crazy if you're a Texas fan about now!
From everything I've read, shorthorns want Shaka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
@max_olson 8h8 hours ago

Oh boy, @SethDavisHoops floating "some Brad Stevens chatter" for Texas. This coaching search is about to get silly, isn't it?

@SunTimesNYC 29m29 minutes ago

Seth Davis links Brad Stevens to #Texas job
I'd be extremely happy with this development.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
@max_olson 8h8 hours ago

Oh boy, @SethDavisHoops floating "some Brad Stevens chatter" for Texas. This coaching search is about to get silly, isn't it?

@SunTimesNYC 29m29 minutes ago

Seth Davis links Brad Stevens to #Texas job
That would be huge for Texas. I'd even watch a few Longhorn games if that were to happen.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In my business my family and I move about every 3 years.. and a few times we have had to move 14 months later. in 23 years I have moved 11 times and that does not include me (deploying) moving those times without my family and the moves of different jobs but just the same location. Its not always fun, but we have gotten used to it--but it also can be exciting sometimes with a change. Some of those moves have been huge. Colorado to germany was a big one. Germany to California even bigger. South Carolina to Belgium, pretty big. Belgium to Germany not too bad......but this last one was huge. Germany to Hawaii. Now that was my biggest move. Alabama to Kentucky, to Indiana, to Colorado, to Wurzburg Germany to California to South Carolina to Belgium to Baumholder GM, to Kaiserslautern GM, to Wiesbaden GM to Hawaii.

Now all of that moving does not count my personal moves (long Temp duty or deployments) to Washington D.C (5 months), Bosnia (12 months), Iraq (15 and 12 months) Qatar (9 months) and Afghanistan (6 months and 12 months) .

So moving is just a thing. LOL! I get it, I am tired, but dont know how I am going to act when I retire and settle on a place to live. I will be looking around after 2-3 years and wonder why we are not moving.
Your family is used to moving, though. The Marshall's moved in 1998 from Marshall to Winthrop and in 2007 to Wichita State. Staying in one place that long makes it much harder to leave.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Agreed, Brad Stevens to Texas is a great senerio for us! Get err done Longhorns
To be honest I don't think it our changes our situation at all. If Texas were interested in Marshall they already would have been all over him. Unless this is just a smokescreen to throw everyone off but I doubt it. It appears that we are the lone bidder for Marshall's services at this moment and he either accepts our offer or remains at WSU. Also, I don't think Texas is going to get Brad Stevens for $3 million.....

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
A gold situation, guessing don't know, is Stevens to Texas leaving Marshall and Smart available while Alabama has an opening. Would almost shift a lil back in our favor in my view. maybe coach Marshall's wife wants the Texas job and we're thinking he wants it? I dunno, but gut is they are ALL looking at Texas, trying to keep us right there. It's the ole, make the other think they are in control.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.