New coach search...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
H
I saw that WSU doesn't get paid to use equipment like Bama does from Nike. I think their agreement was 125 pairs of shoes and some bags. This illustrates the difference between WSU and us. The more I see, the more I think the deal is done, assuming another higher profile job doesn't come along and his wife likes what she sees. I wonder if she has already visited. Anyone track the UA plan lately. I think we'll find out shortly after his team finishes the tourney.
Greg Marshall and Jimmy Johnson wives were spotted looking for homes in Tuscaloosa while Terry Saban was spotted with a realtor in Austin, TX. :rolleye2:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
As far as a backup plan goes, I have no doubt that we have been contacted by numerous coaches since our job opened up. Based on the rumors about Shaka Smart, I assume he contacted us because I'm certain we haven't contacted him. He would probably be my Plan B if Plan A doesn't work out.
He'd be mine, too. Would be interesting to see how he'd coach better talent. I'd be happy to watch him try.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
God I hate Notre Dame....so I gotta pull for them to win tonight to move this thing forward with Marshall, one way or another? Geeez....

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
God I hate Notre Dame....so I gotta pull for them to win tonight to move this thing forward with Marshall, one way or another? Geeez....
I'm pulling for Notre Dame because I have them moving on in my bracket. I'm trying to win some money [emoji6] Speeding up the coaching hire process is just a bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As far as a backup plan goes, I have no doubt that we have been contacted by numerous coaches since our job opened up. Based on the rumors about Shaka Smart, I assume he contacted us because I'm certain we haven't contacted him. He would probably be my Plan B if Plan A doesn't work out.
Poster on another site said he was told Shaka Smart isn't a realistic option. TIFWIW.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I checked out the Missouri Valley message board and nobody there thinks he is coming here. Mostly because we are big into football and he won't want to play second fiddle to Saban.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I checked out the Missouri Valley message board and nobody there thinks he is coming here. Mostly because we are big into football and he won't want to play second fiddle to Saban.
After tonight, and the way he's "blah blah blahed" about how big of an offer it's gonna take, I think we should tell him thank you and goodbye. This guy, (Go back in my posts) doesn't deserve the money we were talking about paying him.
I don't want him to be our coach and never have. Will I support him if he's hired? Yes.
We can do better.
He lost me when he went public and addressed the offer from us, or the possibility of an offer from us.
People say they "admire him" for his honesty.
His players didn't. He blew them out of the water. He was THEIR coach. Then he "maybe" was.
I think he's BS and NO, I don't want him.
sip

Last edited:

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
After tonight, and the way he's "blah blah blahed" about how big of an offer it's gonna take, I think we should tell him thank you and goodbye. This guy, (Go back in my posts) doesn't deserve the money we were talking about paying him.
I don't want him to be our coach and never have. Will I support him if he's hired? Yes.
We can do better.
He lost me when he went public and addressed the offer from us, or the possibility of an offer from us.
His players didn't. He blew them out of the water. He was THEIR coach. Then he "maybe" was.
ip
I agree 100% in regards to how he handled this with his team playing in the Sweet 16.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We can do better.
sip
Great post, Sip! I think Bama can do better too. You never know how it will turn out though. I trust CBB to make the right decision.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
If anyone is interested the 1992 SEC Championship game is on SEC Network. #Bazza

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.