New coach search...

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
God help us if the future of our basketball program primarily rests with the social consciousness of a 14 - year old girl.

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Waiting list for BB season tickets. I was on the Tide Pride list for 4 years. I think we will support BB but no way I see myself waiting 4 years for BB tickets at Bama. They would have to pull a John Wooden.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It's interesting that some external critics say we are in our current predicament because we fans don't support our basketball team enough. Yeah, there's probably a kernel of truth in that accusation. On the other hand, I look at us, ostensibly a football school, with paid basketball attendance equivalent to a basketball school like WS, yet a basketball school like WS can't even muster enough school spirit and fan support to field a football team. I wonder who the fair-weather fans really are in a comparison such as this one.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Waiting list for BB season tickets. I was on the Tide Pride list for 4 years. I think we will support BB but no way I see myself waiting 4 years for BB tickets at Bama. They would have to pull a John Wooden.
How is there a waiting list if the games are not selling out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Agreed.
We may have had over 10,000 at the Wichita State game earlier this season. That only left about 5,000 empty seats.
Game was in Wichita.

Assuming we have no transfers and our signees stick with us we should have a pretty solid team next year, one that is capable of getting a NCAA tourney invite. We will need Tarrant, Kessens, and Hale to all recover and remain healthy. Retin could be incredible but he needs to be more consistent. Taylor needs to continue to improve and learn to not foul so much on defense. Norris is a scrapper and will continue to improve. Just a gut feeling but I think Marshall could do great things with Norris.

Just a few random thoughts to pass the time while we wait. :)
Nice try.:smile: I started something like this in the post-season thread but only heard crickets chirping. This was when folks were focused on Coach Grant and he had not been fired yet. I don't think anyone can concentrate on this until Bama gets a coach. I think there is a good base of players. Most need some strength and conditioning; especially the bigger players like Hale, Taylor, Kessens, and even Norris. The way Taylor showed improvement over the last 1/3 of the season, I think he may be a real force next season. He definitely makes a difference when he is on the court and may pick up the scoring next year.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Yeah, a father should totally dismiss his daughter and the rest of his family when making such a big decision.
Said mostly in jest. Apologies for incorrect font color. People who have experience observing the thought processes of young teens can find the humor.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
God help us if the future of our basketball program primarily rests with the social consciousness of a 14 - year old girl.

Comments like these are what tends to rub people the wromg way and you can lose out on getting a good man. Our program does not rest in "some" 14 year old girls hands. It rest in the family of our potential head coach. He and his entire family deserve the utmost respect during this decision process. And if one of his kids is not on board CGM will decide if thats a deal breaker or not. I dont want a coach who does not highly value his family's opinion.

Just my .02.

Last edited:

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Comments like these are what tends to rub people the wromg way and you can lose out on getting a good man. Our program does not rest in "some" 14 year old girls hands. It rest in the family of our potential head coach. He and his entire family deserve the utmost respect during this decision process. And if one of his kids is not on board CGM will decide if thats a deal breaker or not. I dont want a coach who does not highly value his family's opinion.

Just my .02.
Wow, such a simple, facetious comment taken SO seriously. Most any dad with with a sense of humor whatsoever would smile at the thought. Nothing more, nothing less.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
Okay...I've figured it out. If it comes to plan B, Coach Saban can become the first d-1 dual-sport head coach. With his organizational skills, he can juggle the time demands and within a couple of years be competing for an SEC championship...and an NCAA title by year 4. I can see it now...top recruiting class in the nation....upset of Kentucky (twice) in year one...and we're on our way...Just sayin
:biggrin2:

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006

Just my .02.
I Agree.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Okay...I've figured it out. If it comes to plan B, Coach Saban can become the first d-1 dual-sport head coach. With his organizational skills, he can juggle the time demands and within a couple of years be competing for an SEC championship...and an NCAA title by year 4. I can see it now...top recruiting class in the nation....upset of Kentucky (twice) in year one...and we're on our way...Just sayin
:biggrin2:
I've honestly wondered when it was obvious that Coach Grant lacked the intensity if the Bball team could be encouraged to hang out with the football team more and even participate in some of there workouts. Not sure if Grant would've signed off on that... or cared one way or the other.

KittyKatKiller

3rd Team
Mar 3, 2011
Lucky just posted a new post, no idea since the VIP is on the down low lol. Ready for a new coach to get to T-Town and get to work. Going to be at every weekend game next year.

Marshall, Shaka or Miller (Either one ) would make me gleeful. Goodness I am glad the slow down game is gone.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
What a pansy he is! I make teacher wages and live in government housing on a reservation. My nearest grocery store is an hour from where i live. If you offered me his package I'd be in Tuscaloosa tonight with my family and at practice tomorrow. Shows me his passion.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Fans quitting on a program, like what happened with Grant's teams over the last few years, is not excusable but Alabama fans will fill the arena if you are fielding a competitive product. One of my first Alabama sporting events I attended was the 2002 Florida basketball game. The place was packed, it was loud, and I left the place pumped up (and partially deaf for a couple of hours).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.